Is W 10 Upgrade Still available.

Reaction score
Once you have activated W10 on a given set of hardware you should be able to download it again even if it is a newer version. But you can only download the level you had before. I.e if you had W10 home activated you can only down load Home unless you pay for the upgrade and get a new activation.

Reaction score
Once you have activated W10 on a given set of hardware you should be able to download it again even if it is a newer version. But you can only download the level you had before. I.e if you had W10 home activated you can only down load Home unless you pay for the upgrade and get a new activation.
So do I use the media creation tool.

Reaction score
You can use that or any Windows 10 media. You shouldn't have any issues reactivating it. On a side note, the last time I attempted to upgrade a Windows 7 machine (a couple months ago), I was still able to activate it.

Reaction score
Well i thought that went to smoothly.
Everything works except i can not connect to the internet
i t.PNG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
What is Device Manager showing by way of identifying your network adapter and its' associated driver.
The way I see it, you have two options.....
Manually assign static values to the network adapter or see if you can find an updated driver for the adapter.

It's pretty rare that Windows 10 doesn't have a driver that'll usually work with most cards although I occasionally have similar issues with my Killer Networks adapter.
Use Device Manager to display the properties box for that adapter, and then use the "Details" tab and the drop down to display the Hardware Ids and copy and paste the top line into Google and see what you can find out about the adapter.

Reaction score
The built-in/on the motherboard NIC/Network Adapter doesn't seem to be a big problem with having support in Win10 but the Add-in PCI or PCIe X1 cards may be a different story, may need the drivers that came with it. For Custom computers there usually is a CD that comes with a motherboard that has all the necessary drivers for devices on the board.

Reaction score
Go to the network status and sharing page and check that the adapter is enabled. The message from the Troubleshooter suggest s that there is an adapter present so perhaps enabling it will get you going.

Ask a Question