Upgraded to Microsoft Solitaire Collection Premium but still see ads

Reaction score
I was playing Mahjong and got tired of seeing the ads. So I paid the $9.99 (I have the email receipt). Now when I play Mahjong it does show me as a "Premium" user. But when I play any of my other favorite games (Jigsaw, Sudoku, Minesweeper, and the standard Solitaire Daily Challenges, it shows me as not a premium user and I also get ads. Are we supposed to pay $9.99 for each game to not see ads? Very deceptive if that is the case!

Reaction score
If you think the adds issue was bad before, wait until you install the Windows April update...the adds are in your face worse than anything I have seen anywhere. I installed the update this morning and after trying to play Solitaire the adds took over. I've since deleted the games and downloaded a free version from elsewhere. My next PC is going to be iOS.

Reaction score
If you think the adds issue was bad before, wait until you install the Windows April update...the adds are in your face worse than anything I have seen anywhere. I installed the update this morning and after trying to play Solitaire the adds took over. I've since deleted the games and downloaded a free version from elsewhere. My next PC is going to be iOS.
Same experience. IT is/was, my favourite time waster. Maybe it will improve but, for the moment, the adds are excessive and run you round in circles

Reaction score
My next PC is going to be iOS.
Hi niteshift,

I would opt for Linux before I chose IOS, it may be that I am anti Apple simply because everything they sell is overpriced and the labour force that manufactures the articles is underpaid but that aside, any Apple product has you digging further into your pocket for accessories which only work with Apple products and don't last according to the many reports around the web!. :)

Linux is 99% free, there are a couple of pay versions out there, I use Ubuntu based systems myself, currently running Ubuntu Mate 18.04 which is great :) (apart from playing old Windows games). :(

Reaction score
Try Adguard. The $20 I spend per year is well worth it. No ads at all anywhere I go. No I do not work for nor am I affiliated with Adguard. Just a satisfied user for several years now.

Reaction score
I have not used any advertising guards, but, I don't think they will stop the adverts within the Solitaire collection, Albeit you may only se a black screen for the length of time the advert may, or should be, showing

Anyway, I have now found that, instead of dismissing or stopping the new advert display in Solitaire, you just let them run their course. In some cases (it may depend on individual graphics setups) all I see is a black screen - also left alone until completed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have not used any advertising guards, but, I don't think they will stop the adverts within the Solitaire collection, Albeit you may only se a black screen for the length of time the advert may, or should be, showing

Anyway, I have now found that, instead of dismissing or stopping the new advert display in Solitaire, you just let them run their course. In some cases (it may depend on individual graphics setups) all I see is a black screen - also left alone until completed.

Well then you would be wrong. As I said I do not see any ads at all. Even within the Solitaire collection. No black screens either. Not sure why you always need to tell me I'm wrong with every post I do.

Reaction score
" Not sure why you always need to tell me I'm wrong with every post I do. "

I wanted to leave that remark alone, but, I feel it is rather personal and perhaps you would care to qualify it?

I have looked back through your posts to the beginning of February, and could not find one where I disagreed in any manner with your posts. Indeed, one in that period, you queried my post!

P.S. For curiosity, I installed adguard. It would not allow The solitaire collection to go online, and I could not continue, therefore, to the daily challenges.

Last edited:
Reaction score
OK. The author chooses not to respond, so in my own defence.
238 posts. Including this thread, three where I have offered another opinion. One was a simple correction on a subject of software being free.
I am now letting this matter die. (Out of this thread)

Ask a Question