How to bring Skype sounds over to Windows 10 sounds

Reaction score
Is it possible to bring over the sounds found in Skype to Windows, so when I click on Sounds down in the Taskbar, I can see them. Then I would ask where are the Skype sounds found and what Directory do I bring them into in Windows?
Feel free to sound off about this anytime within the next fourteen hours. Thanks!

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Skype doesn't store its wav files separately, but probably has them inside the Skype.exe file,
if you open Skype/Tools/Options/Sounds ..... My Custom sounds .... Import sounds,
you can import any custom sounds,
these will be stored in a folder (C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Skype\Content)

Reaction score
Unfortunately, in Windows 10, there is no Roaming after AppData, or at least I cannot find it, even with Hidden Files showing.
But I do see in Skype I can Import Sounds, but my next question would be, where do I import them to. In other words, where is the directory where Windows keeps its own sounds?

Reaction score
download a sound from the internet ( file goes to C:\User\Downloads)
I then move/copy it to Windows Media Folder (C:\Windows\Media)
open Skype & Import the sound into it, this will then show in Content (C:\User\AppData\Roaming\Skype\Content)

[AppData is a hidden folder, so will only show if you have selected 'Show hidden files, folders & Drives']

Ricochet.jpg

Reaction score
Actually what I want to do, is copy the sounds from Skype into Windows. Secondly, I only see Windows Media Player, unless this is what you mean. The Skype / Content is now empty. Thus, is there a way then to actually copy Skype sounds (where ever they are ) over into Windows and do I actually copy them into Windows Media Player or elsewhere.

Reaction score
my (C:\Windows\Media) may have come with my installation of 'Windows Essentials' (not sure),
the only two wav files I have downloaded & added are : Ricochet of Bullet & youGotmail,
I've shown below my content of 'Media' (all the folders in there are empty, there are just the .wav files in there)

try :- https://media.skype.com/faq/can-i-download-skype-sounds/

Media.jpg

Ask a Question