Asking about installing wins10 from usbdrive inside "This PC" folder.

Reaction score
Hello everyone first of all thank you for reading this.

I currently writing this on my x64 wins10 pro cracked installed by local pc shop. I decided not to go there again and fix it myself at home.
I own this dell laptop with Genuine wins10 Premium. <<<< I want this back.

"""""Asking about installing wins10 from usbdrive inside "This PC" folder."""""
Picture provided: According this picture, I think this is not done by the way of media creation tools to install from F12 boot menu nor the likes of rufus & wins10 iso.
I am wondering how can I know what the setup exe contains in terms of wins10 version(home, premium or pro) and wins10 feature update no.?

Compare installing this way to installing from boot menu,
is there any differences? I am thinking it is not the same as overwriting current wins10 completely with new wins10.
Does it install wins10 by leaving "windows.old"?

Overall, I just want my Genuine wins10 Premium without being formatted/ overwritten

Other notes:
My pc is having wins10 apps (not third-party softwares from wins10store or dl from internet) not opening (unresponsive).
pc is having wireless icon missing, it got slow from too many wins10 processes open in bkg or necessary pro functions, etc. Problems are endless.
Just recently wins10 updated after not updating for so long makes my user "CC" gone from user accounts.
It is leaving me just with a new administrator account. I got fed up and bugged and tired.
I backed up my "CC" to portable hard disk and now ready to fresh install back Genuine wins10 Premium.

Reaction score
It is the normal way I install.
Run “setup” and follow the prompts. At the beginning, if they exists, you will be asked which version to install. In you case, it may only be the premium, so the choice will not be offered.
From what you have posted, at that stage, you will be asked to write in the key. If you do not have this, you will finish with an unactivated Windows.
This is important, as the current registration is probably the Pro edition, if your “shop” installed correctly.

Reaction score
The setup might be wins10 pro edition if I remember correctly that they told me.

On one time or two time occasions, I didn't need typeIn wins10 genuine premium edition because MS automatically supposedly recognize my laptop with serial number.

Question One is solved: after you downloaded wins10 from internet by the setup.exe, you have one last click away to click install, you could finally see which wins10 version (this turns out wins10 pro).
Question Two is also solved: after you downloaded wins10 from internet by the setup.exe, you have an option to whether keep files and apps, or keep files only or keep nothing. So, it will leave behind windows.old (if you keep files). I'm afraid I still don't have any way to see which feature update inside (20H2 etc).

Just left with question three.
Whether they rufused or media tooled it or is there another way.

Hope anyone who see this also gets questions answered.

Reaction score
I hope so also. I sm confused!
Where did Premium come into it!
setup does not download anything - it runs/starts the installation

Ask a Question