SOLVED Keeps asking "How do you want to open this file" when opening an image

Reaction score
This problem happen after April 2018 Update

After I check "Always use this app to open .jpg files" and click OK.The same dialog box pops again and again

This phenomena will only appear when I try to open any image files from applications: Thunderbird and uTorrent

***But no problem at all when I open from Desktop and File Explorer!***

*also no problem with any other files type

1.jpg
2.jpg

Thank You
--------------------------
My specs: Core i7-6700 | Gigabyte H170-D3HP (BIOS F20g) | Kingston Hyper-X 2133 (4GBX2) | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | Windows10 Pro (1803) *All drivers are up to date

Reaction score
***But no problem at all when I open from Desktop and File Explorer!***

*also no problem with any other files type
Seems it is working as designed so the issue boils down to Thunderbird and uTorrent. I don't use either program but suggest reinstalling both as there may have been something amiss in the Version 1803 Upgrade. The latest Build 17134.48 may have a fix.

Reaction score
I think this has to be configured within the application. I don't use uTorrent, but with Thunderbird, click the settings icon in the upper right corner, then "Options", "Attachments" and select the appropriate action for the PJP entry. Then click "OK".

Ben

Reaction score
It could be your browser as Bighorn suggested, the Photo's app is recommended for opening jpeg-gif files. On the first image the Photos app Should say something like "Photos recommended for Windows 10" Try resetting the Photo app. Go to settings > Apps > Apps & Features, click on Photos and select advanced scroll down and click on "Reset"

Reaction score
It could be your browser as Bighorn suggested, the Photo's app is recommended for opening jpeg-gif files. On the first image the Photos app Should say something like "Photos recommended for Windows 10" Try resetting the Photo app. Go to settings > Apps > Apps & Features, click on Photos and select advanced scroll down and click on "Reset"

My problem is solved after I click Reset as above! Thank you very much Norton and everyone for helping me.

Ask a Question