Press the Windows and "R" keys simultaneously, type "services.msc" into the "Run" box and click "OK". When the services applet starts, scroll down and see if "Dell SupportAssist Agent" is running. If so, right-click it, select "Stop", then right-click again, select "Properties", change the "Startup type" to "Disabled" and click "OK".
Disable both, and try the uninstall again.it's not in task manager but there 2 ea. Dell vault data collector vault items and 1ea data vault rules processor
Disable both, and try the uninstall again.
Doing so should not cause a problem, and, if required, can easily be enabled again
I have had the program on my computers from time to time, in order, in particular, to check for Bios updates. It has not, so far, ever given me problems with uninstalling.
This is Dells solution:
1) Uninstall Dell SupportAssist and Dell SupportAssist Agent from Control Panel – Programs & Features
2) Remove these folders
3) Click on start run, type regedit, this opens the registry. Make sure the SupportAssistAgent folder does not exists in this location, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Dell\SupportAssistAgent. If the folder is present right click and say delete.
- C:\Program Files\Dell\ DellDataVault
- C:\Program Files\Dell\ SupportAssist
- Click start & Run, Type- %ProgramData% and enter. Delete the PCDR folder.
- Click start & Run, Type- %AppData% and enter. Delete the PCDR folder.
4) Restart the machine
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
|Dell SupportAssist is popping Continuously PLEASE HELP THANKS!||2|
|SOLVED Which class of SD memory card to buy for my Dell laptop?||5|
|It does not start laptop dell||8|
|Dell Inspiron 15 3567 laptop stuck on circle of rolling dots "preparing Windows" after Win 10 update||3|
|Cannot Boot to Windows from a Dell Recovery USB Media Drive||1|
|Win10 Upgrade Kills Dell Scanner||1|
|High Capacity Battery Pack for Dell Inspiron 5770 Laptop ... ?||5|
|SOLVED Intel HD Graphics on Dell E6410 keeps updating and causing my screen to black out||3|