SOLVED How do I stop pc from asking my log in credentials ?

Reaction score
As you can see from the screenshot, I have set it so I would not be asked to log in with pass...but always after sleep mode is disengaged, iam asked to type in pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
i never tried this option before, interesting..but i read its tied in with phone using bluetooth and i never use bluetooth for anything..also, to unlock you may need to use your web cam which i never use plus windows hello

Reaction score
ok thx...i still havent chosen to try the dynamic lock thing just yet...iam logging in normally as before. i will remind myself at next log on -on the computer to try it out. cheers

Reaction score
Not sure, but I dont think I recall an option on the initial login screen to "remember me"?
Calldude. Is it the initial login you are querying, or only after sleep?

Reaction score
davehc....I don't have 'remember me' !

grizzly.......I would never want to always have my device or desktop locked like that but thats just me. Especially NOT my desktop.

caldude... I have mine set just like you show in your screenshot . Every now and then when I boot up my desktop in the mornings I get the log in screen and I have never been able to figure out why. I don't have any special power/sleep settings and it only happens on initial bootup. I had to make a post-it note with my Windows login info and stuck it where I can always see it. ..otherwise I would really be in trouble. No one but me uses my desktop at home so there is no security issue.

Reaction score
davehc....I don't have 'remember me' !

grizzly.......I would never want to always have my device or desktop locked like that but thats just me. Especially NOT my desktop.

caldude... I have mine set just like you show in your screenshot . Every now and then when I boot up my desktop in the mornings I get the log in screen and I have never been able to figure out why. I don't have any special power/sleep settings and it only happens on initial bootup. I had to make a post-it note with my Windows login info and stuck it where I can always see it. ..otherwise I would really be in trouble. No one but me uses my desktop at home so there is no security issue.
You do however have an option to force windows to ask you to log in when you have been away. There is a drop down tab. Mine is set to "NEVER" and I have no problem.s

Reaction score
It is a longish procedure, so, have a look here. If you need help, come back

Reaction score
You do however have an option to force windows to ask you to log in when you have been away. There is a drop down tab. Mine is set to "NEVER" and I have no problem.s

Mine is set to 'never' but as I said it doesn't always work when first booting up.

Reaction score
It is a longish procedure, so, have a look here. If you need help, come back

I have done that also but as I stated earlier it doesn't stop the log in screen from appearing now and then. I have done all I can and have learned to live with it still requiring a login sometimes.

Reaction score

I have the same problem with an intermittent request for log in on startup. If you click on the power icon in the lower right corner of the log in screen it will give you two options, shut down or restart. I just go there and restart and the desktop restarts without the log in request.

Reaction score
Not sure, but I dont think I recall an option on the initial login screen to "remember me"?
Calldude. Is it the initial login you are querying, or only after sleep?

oops, sorry for delay...this issue is from when i have to log back in from (sleep mode)

Ask a Question