SOLVED Asus Motherboard Compatibility

Reaction score
hello all,

my first post so apologies if this is not the correct forum. i am wondering if my asus p6x58d premium motherboard is compatible with windows 10. i couldn't find any mention of this motherboard on the asus w10 site. too old perhaps? read about some asus/w10 issues and don't want to end up with a dead computer. any advice/suggestions is highly appreciated.

thanks.

Reaction score
As you are aware that board is not supported according to the ASUS site. It seem the P8s are the first ones recommended for Win 10.

That doesn't necessarily mean it won't work but it may be limited and certain devices may actually cause problems with Win 10. Those boards are fairly old so you may want to upgrade to a newer board and then upgrade to 10.

Of course, other devices such as video cards can also be involved in how well Win 10 might work.

Reaction score
thank you so much for your reply, especially for pointing out that other devices may not work as well. all my parts were purchased at the same time. i didn't think of that.

Ask a Question