Audio services not responding

Reaction score
So yesterday after a game of cs i left my laptop in idle and when i came back 2 hours later, there's no audio at all. I tried running the audio troubleshooter and it says 'audio services is not responding'. I tried googling the solution and installing a different audio driver did solved it but that breaks Dolby audio. And this is the weird part. So I'm using Lenovo Legion 5 and it has this app called Vantage which serves as a command centre. In there, i can toggle Dolby on or off instead of right clicking the speaker icon and choose a spatial audio. When i updated my audio driver, the Dolby toggle in Vantage doesnt work anymore. I toggle on and there's no effect. When i refresh the page it changes back to off. I know i can right click the speaker icon and turn on Dolby audio from there but for some reason that doesnt sound the same as the toggle in Vantage. Help please im at my wit's end. Btw theres no system restore point before this problem occur so too bad.

Reaction score
Driver updates are a mess in Windows 10 if you do them from different sources altogether.
Either use the in-built driver management system or Use Lenovo Vantage.

I advise you to use Lenovo Vantage instead of Windows.
To solve the problem, roll back to the earlier driver.
Then update the drivers according to the recommendations of Windows.

Reaction score
Driver updates are a mess in Windows 10 if you do them from different sources altogether.
Either use the in-built driver management system or Use Lenovo Vantage.

I advise you to use Lenovo Vantage instead of Windows.
To solve the problem, roll back to the earlier driver.
Then update the drivers according to the recommendations of Windows.

You mean roll back and then update the driver or roll back and then check for windows update? Cause now, i rolled back the driver and it solved the audio issue but no dolby in Vantage. If i update it, it will go back to same as before. I checked for updates both in Vantage and Windows Update and there's no update.

Ask a Question