audio through mic port

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm not sure this is the right forum but I'm having toruble finding hownto exactly do this.

What I am wanting to do is play a recording of myself through the USB microphone port on windows. I do a telephone based job and basically want to play my greeting with that. I heard I can use virtual audio cable but I have not found how to use it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Growing up I learned that any speaker can be converted physically to a microphone, but I never heard of anyone trying to do the opposite.
I have no idea why anyone would want to do that.
I have no idea what the actual sound quality might be
AND
It would seem that if you have an audio file that you've created
basically want to play my greeting with that.
It would seem easier to transfer that file to a device equipped with speakers (even a smart phone) and listen to it.

Having said all that, with a little research I found this
Which would seem to fit the bill.

Reaction score
Okay I will check it out.

The main reason is to not have to say my opening greeting on every caller I get.

Reaction score
The virtual audio cable is the best software there is to play audio through a mic port.
I could link you to a blog that tells you the way to play that audio through that app.

Ask a Question