Automatic Repair, your PC did not start correctly

Reaction score
my pc saying "Your PC did not start correctly, press "Restart" to restart your PC, i restart it but no changes.also saying You can also press"Advanced options" to try other options to repair your PC." these advanced options are:

System Restore
System Image Recovery
Startup Repair
Command Prompt
Startup Settings
so help me to solve my problem

Reaction score
I would probably try a Startup Repair at least 3 times. If that doesn't work you may have to do a system restore if you are not being given any guidance as to what might be wrong. Do you have any idea as to why the problem occurred? Try running the system offline and if you have Bluetooth you can turn off in the bios, do that. Also, it has been suggested to disconnect all external devices you can.

Some information about your system might help...

Reaction score
i have restarted it more than 3 times and i disconnected all the external devices,bt no change happened.
N.B: as soon as i installed avast antivirus to my computer this problem happened,but i had installed smadav in my PC but i instal avast coz i was scanning phone and smadav failed to do that scanning.
any additional suggestions are appreciated thank you.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Try using "Startup Settings" to see if the computer will either boot into Safe Mode or you might also try "Disable early launch anti-malware protection"

Reaction score
Do you have a system restore point before the last hardware / software install. If so select that option on startup, when it prompts ask for more restall points and pick what you believe was the best you had. Another question did you play about with BIOS, if so you'll need a full re-install. Tip - never mess with BIOS, create restore each day the system works well.

Ask a Question