Automatic Repair ...Your PC did not started correctly as

Reaction score
Hello my problem started this morning , when I tryed to open my laptop , yesterday I noticed a news message on laptop that an update require an restart and that the laptop will restart at an hour I don't use it .. and a little later on i chooses to shutdown laptop whit the option to install update and shutdown.
Then next day in the morning when I try to start it up a black screen whit win10 logo in middle appear and after a few seconds I see written down screen " Preparing Automatic Repair" then "Diagnosing your PC" then a blue screen comes whit "Automatic Repair" where I have two options restart and advance option .. restart is useless keeps doing the step above ...
And on advance option I have choose an option .. from continue- exit and continue to win10 useless again brings me back to black screen whit logo... Then there is Troubleshoot and turn off PC ...
Now on Troubleshoot I have reset this PC whit 2 options "keep my files" and " remove everything" tryed bouth option of reset several times but just shows a loading thing for some several mins then at end shows an error and come back to reset this PC..
Then there is Advanced options... Whit system restore ... Which brings me to an hmm choosing place and here I see date and time of the windows update type critical update I select it click next to restore and same loads then at end error .. or instead of it I can choose "show more restore points" and it brings me 2 extra restore points from system but same problem and error number is hmm 0x80070017.. now back to advanced option .. I have system image recovery wich I do not have one.. then startup repair (useless) then cmd then startup settings and last go back to the previous build ... I tryed all nothing works for me what she'll I do .... I think my last solution is to insert an bootable DVD and format and reinstall my old win8 and forget bout 10 to buggy.. oh I also tryed to enter safe mode but it doesn't when I restart and press f8 or keep it pressed black screen whit win10 logo freeze and an anoying beep endless sound. I appreciate an advice or two , thank you . And I apologized for the way I explained all this but I am writing from my mobile .

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
oh I also tryed to enter safe mode but it doesn't when I restart and press f8 or keep it pressed black screen whit win10 logo freeze and an anoying beep endless sound.
F8 does not work anymore with Windows 10 to enter Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking, unless you've altered the boot menu policy.
Enable F8 boot menu in Windows 10 RTM
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

Disable F8 menu in Windows 10 RTM
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard
Sounds to me like you've made every effort to remedy the problem
I think my last solution is to insert an bootable DVD and format and reinstall my old win8 and forget bout 10 to buggy.
IDK.... I think if I were going to go to all that effort, I would go with a clean install of Windows 10. I think you'll find that such a clean install will impress you with its' actual lack of bugs.
Just make sure you acquire the latest ISO from Microsoft to perform the clean install with
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sof...459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-WaTVja5C7z2Vs7q82apCPg)()
USE the section labeled
"Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC"
AND
Acquire the ISO that matches your current installation of Windows 10.
IF you still want to give safe mode a try you should be able to do that from the Startup Settings option in the advanced troubleshooter that you've already been in.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Reaction score
F8 does not work anymore with Windows 10 to enter Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking, unless you've altered the boot menu policy.

Sounds to me like you've made every effort to remedy the problem

IDK.... I think if I were going to go to all that effort, I would go with a clean install of Windows 10. I think you'll find that such a clean install will impress you with its' actual lack of bugs.
Just make sure you acquire the latest ISO from Microsoft to perform the clean install with
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sof...459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-WaTVja5C7z2Vs7q82apCPg)()
USE the section labeled
"Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC"
AND
Acquire the ISO that matches your current installation of Windows 10.
IF you still want to give safe mode a try you should be able to do that from the Startup Settings option in the advanced troubleshooter that you've already been in.

View attachment 5217
View attachment 5218
View attachment 5219

Reaction score
I had the Windows 10 "endless loop" problem too. Here's the solution that worked ok on my Toshiba Satellite laptop: Press and hold F2 then switch the power on until the BIOS screen appears. Disable "SECURE BOOT" then restart.

Reaction score
I cannot
I had the Windows 10 "endless loop" problem too. Here's the solution that worked ok on my Toshiba Satellite laptop: Press and hold F2 then switch the power on until the BIOS screen appears. Disable "SECURE BOOT" then restart.
I cannot seem to find "SECURE BOOT" IN BIOS

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have mentioned that after the first menu comes up , press the right arrow for the next menu where you will see "SECURE BOOT"

Yes in Advanced I only have the external Drive Boot and Network Boot and bouth are disabled .

And tryed to enter safe from the 2 option but same repair diagnostic and back to blue screen

Ask a Question