Backups/Sync Software that is active without logging into Windows

Reaction score
Good day,

I have a Windows 10 computer that basically gets turned at the beginning of the day and turned off at the end of the day.

The computer is just turned on, but user never logs in. The PC is basically a file server.

I want to backup specific folders on this PC to an external USB drive.

Is there a Sync/Backup software that can accomplish this? preferably free
\
thanks

Reaction score
Thanks for your fast response. I have looked into it, seems like i will have to pay in order for the software to Backup Files or folders...I will still be looking around for something free.

Thank

Reaction score
Free for system Imaging, Not for Folder and File Backup

1593371377858.png

Reaction score
Try Acronis. or any Boot PE to do the same. You never need to login with a Boot PE

Reaction score
looked at Acronis...50 USD/Year....Anyone tried FreeFileSyc ?? Maybe running it as "Service" ??

Reaction score
Reaction score
Acronis 2020 is FREE for 30 days, then remove and install again, or get the Acronis WinPE. it is free forever.

Reaction score
If a user wishes to go on that devious route, then good luck. Imo, when there is a free program which does the same function, -why bother!

Reaction score
Personal to me, I use more than 1 Backup/restore program. Always have used at least 2. I have had 1 fail for some reason, and often check the backup and verify it is good. I also have a WinPE with all versions that I use, many times Windows fails to boot, (clients) and it really is faster to Boot to WinPE, insert the portable Backup and click to do a FULL HDD/SSD restore. A small $$$ spent can often save Mega $$.
1593869233634.gif
be wise not foolish, and I find almost every time Paid Version is better than FREE Version.

Reaction score
Only one for me - Macrium. I have a sequence of about 4 or 5 images, including the unadorned original. As you say, if all goes wrong -not happened YET -then it is either a fresh install or the original image.

Reaction score
Clean install for me is usually
Dism /apply-image /imagefile:X:\sources\install.wim /index:1 /ApplyDir:C:\
bcdboot C:\Windows /s C:
avg time is 3 min then finally let MS do its crap takes longer or
just do a restore of total Clean Image with 1 of 4 program all WinPE and USB external SSD

Reaction score
I have found a free software that exactly what i needed. It syncs or backups and gives you the choice of using the Windows 10 Scheduler or Service.

Software that i found for my specific request of free software that runs without needing to login to Windows is AOMEI Backuper.

Thanks for the Help

Ask a Question