Bad Sound Quality With Bluetooth Headset

Reaction score
hi im having issues with several bluetooth headsets in regards to sound quality.

i cant seem to find a fix for poor sound quality when using any bluetooth headsets. it seems to be related to the handsfree telephony setting in the divices under the services tab. i used the same headset with no issues on my old computer sound was great but with the new computer running windows 10 i have the issue. also seems to have something to do with the stereo sound vs handsfree sound in playback devices. if i uncheck the handsfree telephony tab in services i get stereo sound but lose mic on the headset. i have searched all over the web and found many users having the same issue but cant seem to find a fix anywhere.

please help...

Reaction score
so ive been searching further on google for an answer and it seems there are hundreds upon hundreds of other users having the same issue but i cant for the life of me find an answer that doesnt include turning the mic off which doesnt work for me as i want to use the headset for gaming. i have purchased 3 headsets now all with the same problem. not sure how there isnt an answert to this problem.

Reaction score
all have the exact same sound quality issue. when the headset is used as stereo the sound is great but the mic will not work but when i want to use the mic i have to use them as handsfree and that is where i get the problems it goes to a mono sound that sounds like its inside of a tin can with a gross echo and cuts in and out.

Reaction score
That is strange. I would say there is a common problem, such as the bluetooth driver. If reinstalling the driver doesn't fix it, I wouldn't know what to tell you beyond that.

Reaction score
i have tried all headsets on other devices and they work fine sound is great on my samsung galaxy phone and ipad. and previously my laptop but i was running windows 8 on the laptop. now with my new computer running windows 10 is when i started having problems

Reaction score
That is strange. I would say there is a common problem, such as the bluetooth driver. If reinstalling the driver doesn't fix it, I wouldn't know what to tell you beyond that.
i have already tried reinstalling drivers with no changes.

Reaction score
It could be a faulty bluetooth receiver. Do you have another Bluetooth receiver you could try, after disabling your current one?

Reaction score
It could be a faulty bluetooth receiver. Do you have another Bluetooth receiver you could try, after disabling your current one?
i can assure you it is not the bluetooth reciever it is a very well documented problem with all bluetooth headsets with windows 10. absolutely nothing new that hasnt been posted on many forums and sites since windows 10 released a couple years ago. was more hoping to find the fix to the problem then more people who keep up with the same old update your drivers or hardware issues.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...d/3b4828b6-a92c-483d-b2f8-3d4fde0d6212?page=1

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ad-after/ea62bba6-d319-4133-8b2b-6a95b41f3c29

i have included a couple of links to others from back in 2015 thathad the same problem i can provide you with more links. there are you tube videos and hundreds upon hundreds of threads much like mine. always with the same answers that it is somehow the users drivers or hardware that's the problem. thing is it is clearly windows 10 that is the problem many have also had no issues with their gear prior to using windows 10 as well.

i do appreciate your time to try and help but it is increasingly frustrating that every where i post the question its always the same cut and paste answer.

i find it hard to believe that in this day and age with bluetooth as prevalent as it is and its primary function being communication devices that the windows techs have not come up with a fix to what should be a simple problem. everywhere i look it is always the same driver issues or peripheral manufacturer has issues.

i will keep posting my question on sites and see if anyone out there has figured out this annoying issue yet once again thnk you for your time and forgive me if i am coming across annoyed its not at you but at the lack of an answer for this seemingly simple problem

Reaction score
i do appreciate your time to try and help but it is increasingly frustrating that every where i post the question its always the same cut and paste answer.
Don't mention it. Now that the whole story has been revealed and everyone knows where you stand, maybe an answer can be found.

I simply noticed you had posted twice without an answer. I didn't want you to think the forum was ignoring you is all. I'm definitely not a Bluetooth expert. In fact I pretty much give up on the tech out of my own frustrations. The device I tried using I couldn't keep the driver working. And every time I would have to go through a double install to get it working again. I must admit though it was only one device and I didn't think it was worth it to try another.

Reaction score
Anytime your have a headset set as a communication device, it is using different sound standards. You should see two versions of the headset. One would be set to Stereo and the other to Communications. The best sound will come through the Stereo..

You may not lose the mic if you use stereo, you should be able to stop the music by hitting the button once and talk if needed. Start the music again after finished speaking.

Reaction score
Anytime your have a headset set as a communication device, it is using different sound standards. You should see two versions of the headset. One would be set to Stereo and the other to Communications. The best sound will come through the Stereo..

You may not lose the mic if you use stereo, you should be able to stop the music by hitting the button once and talk if needed. Start the music again after finished speaking.
thanks for your response but with windows it sounds great as stereo but you get no mic support. in order to have mic support you have to go to handsfree and in this setting the sound is absolutely terrible.

Reaction score
My Grandson uses uses Turtle Beach Bluetooth head set with no problems. I asked him the question that you OP. He said right click on the volume icon in the system tray and select sound and playback devices troubleshooter. I realise you may have gone through this process, I don't use bluetooth devices on my PC.
Just trying to provide some resolve to a frustrating problem.

Ask a Question