Battery constantly at 100%

Reaction score
HI my battery is constantly showing up at 100%. I've updated BIOS, enabled and disabled and deleted AC adaptor and battery in device manager. Device manager says that the devices are working properly. Windows troubeshooter doesn't find anything. I'm stumped as battery is new and charging fine. Old battery was replaced and said it was at 0% but was old and only lasting a few minutes once plugged out. Any help would be really appreciated.

Reaction score
Along the same line as sjoblom's suggestion, are you unplugging the charger for any length of time? If not, allow the device to run down to exhaustion and let it charge back up. If that doesn't work, then I'd suggest the battery is bad because most batteries like this report back to the computer or other device the status of it's charge and it's not up to the computing device itself to figure out how the battery is doing.

Ask a Question