Big Fan

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I am a big fan of Seagate spinners and own several.
While my personal experience with Seagate drives is completely different than the information in this article I do not have the personal resources to perform testing the way they do, So.....
I decided I would pass this along for your information.
https://www.backblaze.com/blog/best-hard-drive/

I'm wondering if the statistics reflected might actually be distorted because of drive performance.
HGST seems to be the best drives overall but my personal experience with HGST drives is that they are slow performers with lower throughput I/Os when compared to Seagate or Western Digital.
But that is just in my personal (very limited in comparison) experience.

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Seagate as well. Thanks for the link.

I do currently have one Seagate 3TB drive sitting on the shelf because of data errors. That's only one out of twenty other Seagate drives still performing as intended.

Reaction score
I still have 20gb and 40gb seagate drives that are 15 years old I use for Linux and the are still spinning and no errors or bad sectors. I would sy that is pretty good.

the poorguy

Reaction score
I had no problem with Seagate drives and was thoroughly impressed with their customer service. I managed to screw up a power connection one day and in the process of trying to fix it I broke it completely. I called Seagate and admitted to the rep that I had broken the connection and was willing to pay if it could be repaired. The rep laughed, said he appreciated my honesty and overnighted a new drive to me with a return label for the broken one. All at no cost.

Ask a Question