Bing cookies

Reaction score
I use ccleaner to get rid of unwanted cookies on my laptop. It doesn't matter whether I use Opera or Firefox, I still end up with bing cookies for some reason.
Is there anyway to stop this?..or are they false positives..they appear even when I go into settings.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Are those the only browsers you use? Are you changing the search engine in both? If you are changing the search engine to Bing, why not just use the new Edge Chromium. As it's set to use Bing.

As to your problem....you might have to clear the browsers manually.

I've switched from using Ccleaner to System Ninja. You might want to give that a try.

Reaction score
Hi Iceboy,

open browser settings in any browser and the option to clear data (cookies etc) when you close the browser. In the case of Edge Chromium Browser: Settings > Privacy and services > Choose what to clear every time you close the browser and make your choices. See the pics below. :)

1598424963147.png

1598425179138.png

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply..Even when I clear the browser's, ccleaner still picks up bing cookies and I only use duckduck go for searching..on my desktop computer I was able to do something to prevent this happening, but I can't do it on the laptop which makes me wonder what sort of version of win10 it's using.

Reaction score
Hi Iceboy,

do you use Cortana?, that would most likely/maybe account for the Bing cookies?. :)

Reaction score
Where do you see specific "Bing" cookies? I am probably wrong, but, as far as I was aware, cookies were from visited sites, the search engine has little to do with it.
But I am interested in any knowledgeable opinions!

Reaction score
The search bar next to the start menu uses bing to search web results even if you're searching a file or program. I wouldn't be surprised if bing is dropping cookies. I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft's telemetry may be leaving cookies. Honestly I wouldn't worry much about it. Microsoft knows more about you from it's telemetry than it will know about you from a browser cookie.

Reaction score
I don't use cortana I've clicked it off..it does happen everytime I use the settings or even if I don't..but it only happens on the Lenovo crappy laptop lol..Thanks anyway.

Reaction score
No never, they're there as soon as I log into windows..I start ccleaner and it picks them up at the start.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
According to ccleaner..bing.com and www.bing.. it brings them up as cookies when I clean?.
Both are search engines. That said........you've never said what search engines you are using in each browser. Have you gone into each browser and manually removed any unwanted search engines?

Reaction score
The only search engine I use is duckduckgo..I can boot up the laptop and use ccleaner and bing cookies are there immediately, I can browse the internet on Opera and come of and clear cookies none of which are bing, but go on ccleaner and they're back again..this happens through out the time I'm on the laptop.

Ask a Question