Spotlight / Bing.com security issue

Reaction score
I am not sure of the relevance, but Spotlight brought up a pretty photo of Salzburg/Austria as the computer was coming out of sleep mode. Then when I clicked to sign in (am admin and don't need a password), before I could click to connect my UMTS Internet connection, Bing (as usual!) popped in and asked to help me connect (using MS's favored means, which I pointedly avoid).

Bing indicated the Spotlight (Salzburg) photo and I saw the Bing results of its search which led to the Spotlight photo.

So soon as I clicked on it Kaspersky BLOCKED the (photo's!) site as malicious phishing; when I explored Kaspersky's findings it revealed that site as being on a malicious phishing list.

As they say, WAZZUP with Spotlight ....?

.... and Bing!!!!?

Reaction score
Anyone can post malicious stuff on the web, some AV's will pick it up and some won't, might be that Kaspersky is over-cautious but I don't know. You can download the pic and then scan it BEFORE you open it!. :)

Reaction score
Kaspersky is not the only one. Last week I went to the ACER website and a login for a different website popped up and Windows defender blocked it as malicious. Sometimes I think a bit in the system gets lost and then the PC acts up. After a restart I went to the same website and all was good. My situation happen after a wake up from sleep mode as well....

Ask a Question