SOLVED Bing Popup Won't Die!

Reaction score
I need help with the bing.com search window poping up every time I start. I purchased a new Surface Pro 7 last month with Win10. The bing.com popup started on the very first start. I happens every boot and restart. I have 90 days of free support so I went to Microsoft. Seven different techs, each spending an average of 2 hours each, and their best combined recommendation was to send it back and start over. I did. Now I have a new one which has the same problem. I have spent hours online determined to stop it. I have configured every setting mentioned in every online post, including those from microsoft support on line, as well as registry edits and nothing will stop the bing popup. Its just a matter of clicking out of it each time I restart, but why should I have to and I'm worried that if this bug is allowed to exist what will it look like down the road when I have no free support. (Do I sound a little fanatically upset yet?) Any way any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. [Win10 v.20H2 Build 19042.964]

Reaction score
I need help with the bing.com search window poping up every time I start. I purchased a new Surface Pro 7 last month with Win10. The bing.com popup started on the very first start. I happens every boot and restart. I have 90 days of free support so I went to Microsoft. Seven different techs, each spending an average of 2 hours each, and their best combined recommendation was to send it back and start over. I did. Now I have a new one which has the same problem. I have spent hours online determined to stop it. I have configured every setting mentioned in every online post, including those from microsoft support on line, as well as registry edits and nothing will stop the bing popup. Its just a matter of clicking out of it each time I restart, but why should I have to and I'm worried that if this bug is allowed to exist what will it look like down the road when I have no free support. (Do I sound a little fanatically upset yet?) Any way any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. [Win10 v.20H2 Build 19042.964]

Reaction score
I just downloaded and installed the new Win10 v. 21H1 on my Surface Pro7 and the pop up went away. It was never a problem on my desktop Win10 running the same version. I guess it was just another "undisclosed feature."

Ask a Question