Bing Search Engine

Reaction score
I think that Cortana defaults to Bing with no option but ALL the other browsers can be defaulted to any search engine...I use Google everywhere.
The most fiddly one to change is EDGE: Go to your favorite search engine site. Go to Settings in Edge then Advanced settings. Scroll down to Change search engine and you can enter the one you are at.

Reaction score
I think that Cortana defaults to Bing with no option but ALL the other browsers can be defaulted to any search engine...I use Google everywhere.
The most fiddly one to change is EDGE: Go to your favorite search engine site. Go to Settings in Edge then Advanced settings. Scroll down to Change search engine and you can enter the one you are at.

I had read this about changing the search engine and I did this to and still I can't find the page. Cortana is default to bing this will not work I get the same thing.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I am have problems with search engine bing
What exactly is your problem with "search engine bing"?
Click the Start Button scroll down to Windows Accessories, click Internet Explorer.
Click the gear icon in the top right corner
Choose Manage Addons
Left column Search Providers
Link at the bottom, find more search providers
Scroll down a little bit and "Add" Google Search
Scroll down a bit more and "Add" yahoo search.

Take some time and explain in more detail exactly what problem you are having.
Are you wanting to change your search engine from Bing to something else?
Are you having trouble with Bing search in your browser?
Are you getting an error while using Bing search?
Do you want to change your home page in your browser?
Are you using a home page with a search engine text box that is not working?
Are you attempting to search from the URL address bar and that is not working?
Do you want to install another browser all together?
Are you having trouble with EDGE browser?

Reaction score
I have MSN as home page. On this home page have search engine bing. When I go into bing search and I searching something I got this ( can't reach this page). I use search engine a lot.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have MSN as home page
IN which browser? Internet Explorer? EDGE? both?
Have you added another search provider to Internet Explorer as I suggested above?

Open your browser, in the URL address bar at the top of the page (not the search engine box) enter the following....
Code:
www.google.com
Type your search in that search box and see if your results are the same

Open your browser, in the URL address bar at the top of the page (not the search engine box) enter the following....
Code:
www.bing.com
Type your search in that search box and see if your results are the same

In either instance does your search return results?
OR do you get the message you describe above?
IS the error message a result of the search or a result of clicking on one of the options that are returned by the search?

Reaction score
I have tried browers IE 11 and edge still can't search anything from the browers. The one thing I do now if you type www.bing.com I can't fine the page still. I have one computer I can search on the browers ok. The Toshiba laptop I can't search at all. There is no errors that com up just ( CAN'T REACH THIS PAGE). I hope we are getting some way.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Open a command prompt and type
Code:
ping www.google.com
hit enter
Then type
ping www.bing.com
hit enter
The results should look something like this

Capture1.PNG

Reaction score
I first like to say Thank you very much for your help. I ping google and it was ok. When I ping bing it failure. I hope this will tell you some thing.

Reaction score
I have a feeling the problem will be with MSN. But since I can't get the error myself, I can't say for sure where it is. I can say I use Bing daily with Firefox and have had no issues.

Edit:
Scratch that! Your last comment suggest otherwise.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IDK.... you might have some bad DNS records you're dealing with.
Try flushing DNS and see if that helps.
Close your browser(s)
Open a command prompt and type
ipconfig /flushdns
hit enter
Open IE and see if you can go to www.bing.com

Which version of Windows 10 are you running. Are you all caught up, to date, with all your windows updates bring you to.

Capture.PNG

Personally I think I would install chrome, set google.com as my home page and never look back.

Reaction score
Again I would like to say thank you. Some how firewall was blocking bing search in both edge and IE plus costana also. I do not remember what I did but I gone in firewall allow it to come inbound. It is working

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
good work..... thanks for the follow-up info.

Ask a Question