SOLVED Black screen with CMD at start up or awake from sleep

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Strange problems here.. when I start up my pc I get a black screen with a command prompt window open in the left corner.

If I close it the screen is totally black, but if I alt+ctrl+del and run explorer.exe the issue is momentarily resolved.

How do I permsperman fix this?

Thanks
K-ROD

Reaction score
Press the Windows and "R" keys simultaneously, type "regedit" into the "Run" box and click "OK". When Regedit starts, expand and highlight
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", look in the right window and make sure that "Shell" and "Userinit" are set to "explorer.exe" and "C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe" respectively. Then expand
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon and check the right window for the two values(Don't create them if they don't exist). It might be a good idea to back up the registry keys by exporting before making any changes(File,Export). Finally, press the Windows and "R" keys simultaneously, type "msconfig" into the "Run" box, click "OK", click on the "Boot" tab and see if "No GUI boot" is checked.

Ben

Ask a Question