Black patches appear on screen

Reaction score
Ever since the latest Windows upgrade I intermittently have different squares of black measuring about 1" x 1" & 2" x 2" popping up all over the screen. I thought they were limited to different newspapers that I read online but now I see them on other documents also. Has anybody else reported this kind of problem or does anyone have any thoughts on how to get rid of them?
thanks again for whatever help anyone can give me.

Reaction score
It's probably an issue with your graphics drivers. Windows 10 is notorious for deleting drivers during an upgrade and sometimes installing drivers that do not always work properly. Download the proper graphics driver for your computer and install it. That should solve your issue.

Reaction score
From your description of the squares popping up all over the screen, my first thought was maybe it could possibly be related to Windows slideshow. If your running "Slideshow" maybe yo could temporarily suspend/disable it. Just a thought, nothing to loose.

Reaction score
It's probably an issue with your graphics drivers. Windows 10 is notorious for deleting drivers during an upgrade and sometimes installing drivers that do not always work properly. Download the proper graphics driver for your computer and install it. That should solve your issue.

Reaction score
Could you point me in the direction of finding the graphics driver? This is not something I have knowledge about. Is it something that can be addressed by users without doing damage to your system?

Ask a Question