SOLVED Bluetooth connection problem after W10 1903 upgrade

Reaction score
I have a Bose headset used with a bluetooth dongle that has not worked since the upgrade to W10 1903. I have done all the items suggested in various Google hits and even Microsoft's Virtual Assistant. There are no newer drivers available for the dongle. I even purchased a new dongle and plugged it in and still no connection works. The Bluetooth USB Module entry in device manager has a cannot start code(10). Bluetooth is functional on the PC and shows the headset paired but that's all. When I try to connect from the sound settings I don't even see an error it just does not work. Things were working prior to W10 1903 upgrade and whatever updates were also installed at that time.
PC Acer Aspire TC-120
Windows 10 Home Version 1903
Headset Bose
Drivers are from Qualcomm 6/20/2018
Has anyone successfully gotten their Bluetooth stuff to work once it fails after W10 1903 upgrade?

Reaction score
Also check the version of the USB ports, may need to assure using USB 2 [usually black center piece] rather than USB 3 [usually blue center piece].

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Are you sure you downloaded the right driver version for the Targus dongle.

Reaction score
Are you sure you downloaded the right driver version for the Targus dongle.
Windows did it.

Tonight I tumbled to something that has bothered me since everything quit for my bluetooth headphones etc. In the event log there has been two entries every time I boot that are yellow triangles. One is saying the adapter does not support Low Energy mode. The other says there can only be one bluetooth adapter. My PC has a bluetooth setup without the dongle. Way back when I got the head phones the pairing worked and everything was ok until W10 1903. I wondered if W10 now does not support two bluetooth adapters. If it doesn't then maybe the headphones were orginially paired with the dongle and now it is not supported. I removed the paired headphones from the bluetooth screen and then did what was necessary to make the headphones broadcast their presents and added them back and bingo everything worked! I am sorry if I have wasted your time but thank you for investigating.

Ask a Question