SOLVED Bluetooth turned off, now cant turn it back on

Reaction score

Bluetooth turned off, now can't turn it back on​

I have an Inspiron 14 7000 and I have been using a bluetooth mouse for over a year.
Each time the mouse stops working, all I have to do is to replace the battery.
However, this time around, when the mouse stopped working I tried replacing the battery but that didn't help.
So I decided to use the bluetooth toggle switch to turn it off. Now I can't toggle it back on as the toggle switch is no longer visible. I tried running the bluetooth troubleshooter and the report came back to say that my laptop has no bluetooth feature installed. Tried to delete the bluetooth mouse device from device manager and that didn't help either. Also tried stopping and restarting the Bluetooth service. I still have the bluetooth mouse device listed under Bluetooth Devices with the message next to it "Bluetooth is turned off". I bought a new bluetooth mouse and tried to get it paired but that failed as bluetooth is turned off. I read somewhere that Bluetooth will be turned on automatically once I have a bluetooth device waiting to be paired. How can I turn Bluetooth on again?

Reaction score
This is marked as Solved, did you find a fix or still having a problem with it?

Reaction score
This is marked as Solved, did you find a fix or still having a problem with it?
The problem appeared to have been resolved on its own. I have been going through all sorts of diagnostics and then all of a sudden I was able to see the Bluetooth toggle button. Absolutely no idea what happened here.

Ask a Question