Bluetooth

Reaction score
Does W 10 still support Bluetooth none of my PCs seem to support it.
is there anyway to get it on W 10.

Reaction score
Yes, Bluetooth is supported on Win10, have it on a few Notebooks and also on a couple of Notebooks running Linux Mint. Many Notebooks have it as part of the Wireless/Wi-Fi adapter plus some Desktops have the adapter available as an option.

For a need on computers without Bluetooth I use this USB dongle but there's more available:

My apology, I made the assumption that Device Manager has been checked to see if there's any listing for Bluetooth.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No listing in Device Manager suggest the adapter does not exist. Not knowing make and model name and number of the computer/s doesn't help in determining if it/they were offered Bluetooth.

Reaction score
If there’s no Bluetooth under device manager then check further under View>Show hidden devices.
Also check under ‘Other’ devices.

Reaction score
Thanks yeah done that nothing showing.
They must have removed it in the last feature update I know it use to be there.
I don't use it often but it was handy at times.
I have a PC upstairs that hasn't got the last feature installed I'll take a look at that.

Reaction score
My Win 10 laptop running 21H1 has Bluetooth so the problem isn’t Windows.
Either a Windows update has removed Bluetooth due to the module no longer being compatible or it’s hidden. Are you 100% sure the PC has Bluetooth before the update?
Did this problem happen recently? Did it happen after a Windows update? If yes then try rolling back the update.

Reaction score
Yes I have used it on W 10 but can't say when it disappeared as its something I don't use regularly.
I can't roll back as windows old has been removed.

Reaction score
looks like i need a dongle
1628552688527.png

Reaction score
If the PC did have Bluetooth then the module has failed. I would purchase a BT dongle.

Reaction score
If the PC did have Bluetooth then the module has failed. I would purchase a BT dongle.
Yes I think that is the answer
That way I can use it on all my PCs and laptop's
When I lookd on Google there are a lot of people with the same problem.

Ask a Question