Windows 10 turn on bluetooth toggle missing

Reaction score
settings
Bluetooth and other devices
the BT toggle is missing.
airplane mode is OFF
Also under device manager BT isn't listed
All was working OK until a few weeks ago, so maybe related to recent current updates
Not sure how to fix this

thanks

Reaction score
What version of Win 10 do you have?. :)

Reaction score
You should be on version 2009 which is currently the latest version, do an upgrade and that may well solve the problem?. :)

Reaction score
Saw the link even thought check stated up-to-date. I contacted Dell since still covered by support warranty. They removed/installed the QUALCOMM driver and all worked again.

Reaction score
Hi,

glad to hear you are sorted, please mark the thread as solved so it helps others. :)

Reaction score
All was good until today and issue returned with NO toggle to turn on BT.

saga continues and contacting Dell again

Reaction score
Does your Wireless/Wi-Fi adapter still work? Most of my Dell and HP Notebooks have Bluetooth as part of that adapter.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I noticed mine is missing as well.....I just chalk that up to MS doing what MS does. That said.....my mobo doesn't have BT embedded on it. So, with MS new give/take away plan.......it makes sense that I don't see the BT icon anymore.

PA-WOODCHUCK: Check your mobo specs to see if you infact have a BT chip onboard.

Reaction score
Yes, has BT which can be replaced per manual. Working with DELL this week for a solution. I have noticed in device manager the BT listing comes and goes. I found online others have same issue and some have shut down PC, removed AC plug for 1/2 hour and on reboot all was OK. Didn't work for my PC. Beginning to wonder if BT card is faulty?? Will update after DELL contact

Reaction score
settings
Bluetooth and other devices
the BT toggle is missing.
airplane mode is OFF
Also under device manager BT isn't listed
All was working OK until a few weeks ago, so maybe related to recent current updates
Not sure how to fix this

thanks
I have this same exact problem. Bluetooth was working fine one day and gone the next. Airplane mode is off but the toggle is still greyed out. I have tried many supposed solutions searching the net but so far no success. This is ridiculous. I have always had PCs but maybe its time for an Apple

Reaction score
I'm working with Dell and thought the issue was fixed on 3-23-21 until today(4-2-21) and BT issue arose again. I'm back in contact with dell and will update as needed.

Reaction score
Does the Bluetooth use Intel drivers? Have you checked for any driver updates on their site if it is?
Check this:
Uninstall the device from device manager and restart bluetooth service.
Start > services.msc
Right-click "Bluetooth Support Service."
Choose Automatic.
Go to device manager and right-click on your computer name and click "Scan for hardware changes"
Install the bluetooth device drivers from the manufacturer's website, if any.

Reaction score

Bastet, did all that... no change. BT device isn't listed in device manager even after refreshes. BT and network are combined on one card and uses QUALCOMM driver. BTW, the only change I made to PC since new was add additional SSD HD.​

Reaction score
A new SSD wouldn’t affect BT unless you clean installed Windows & it installed an incorrect driver.
Check under device manager>view/show hidden devices is there any device with an exclamation mark beside it?

Reaction score
This is what keeps returning when BT stops working. I have reinstalled the drivers but doesn't help

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Ask a Question