Bluetooth on acer aspire 5471z

Reaction score
Acer aspire 5471Z.was bought with windows 7 on and I have put on windows 10 when it first came out,but I find that bluetooth cannot be found on my laptop.How do I get it on and working.

Reaction score
Did you have Bluetooth on Win7? Have you checked with ACER for drivers? Have you checked in Device Manager for a Bluetooth entry and/or in Network? On Notebooks the Bluetooth is usually part of the Wireless/Wi-Fi adapter, I have it working on Win10, Win8.1 and Linux Notebooks. It can also be available in Desktops that have the optional Wireless adapter.

Reaction score
Never needed to use bluetooth when it was on win7,put win10 on when it first came out and has all the updates on so it's only the last 3 weeks that I wanted to transfer a file to my mobile using bluetooth. Acer does provide bluetooth drivers but only for win7.sent message to Acer about problem but I have not had a reply yet.I looks like I will have to do it the hard way and take the memory card out of my phone and transfer the file that way.
Regards.tommix

Reaction score
The memory card is probably a MicroSDHC and needs an adapter to fit the SD slot on the computer but I have done it that way with my wife's SmartPhone, I still use a FlipPhone. The card came with the adapter, I use the MicroSDHC on an 11" Dell Notebook and an Android tablet.

Should also mention a USB Bluetooth dongle that works well when not having built-in BT, I use this one:

Reaction score
Greetings~

What you also COULD do (if you wanted to) .. is use a USB cable connection from the phone in question to the laptop.(or any computer)

That is what I personally suggest to people when they want to SAFELY (thus avoiding an accidental disconnect or other wise 'flakey' connection) transfer files from their phone to their computer .. be it a Laptop with Bluetooth capability, or a standard desktop.

As long as the computer has an available UBS port. It also has a tendency to be MUCH faster than an 'over the air' file transfer via blue tooth.

You would just have to make sure A) that you acquire or have on hand a compatible cable to plug into the phone and B) your phone is set to do USB file transfers in its setting. Since each phone CAN be markedly different in how the setting are set up .. that would be something to look at on the phone manufactures website for instructions. Or search on google (or preferred search engine of choice) for file transfer via usb, and include the make and model of the phone.

Good Luck.
~LoneWolf

Reaction score
Greetings~

What you also COULD do (if you wanted to) .. is use a USB cable connection from the phone in question to the laptop.(or any computer)

That is what I personally suggest to people when they want to SAFELY (thus avoiding an accidental disconnect or other wise 'flakey' connection) transfer files from their phone to their computer .. be it a Laptop with Bluetooth capability, or a standard desktop.

As long as the computer has an available UBS port. It also has a tendency to be MUCH faster than an 'over the air' file transfer via blue tooth.

You would just have to make sure A) that you acquire or have on hand a compatible cable to plug into the phone and B) your phone is set to do USB file transfers in its setting. Since each phone CAN be markedly different in how the setting are set up .. that would be something to look at on the phone manufactures website for instructions. Or search on google (or preferred search engine of choice) for file transfer via usb, and include the make and model of the phone.

Good Luck.
~LoneWolf
Hi lonewolf.the data cable u suggested worked a treat.thank u very much.
Regards. Tommix

Ask a Question