No bluetooth on new windows 10 installation

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm one of those people who built my own PC (specs below) :)

Initially my OS was Ubuntu but for Christmas I was gifted an nmve M.2 which I made bootable for windows 10.

I just discovered that my windows 10 has no bluetooth even though drivers are up-to-date and you can see in the picture below it is missing from my device manager even when viewing hidden devices. It looks like I need to personally download a bluetooth driver. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this and any explanation as to why bluetooth was not included? I know my PC can handle bluetooth as I am able to use it on my Ubuntu OS. Thanks!
1609862561950.png

1609863016244.png

1609862645574.png

specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B450-F
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SSC
Architecture for Windows 10: x64

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Device manager is plainly showing a problem with your broadcom bluetooth device (BCM20702A0)
IF the product is integrated then you might want to check with the board manufacturer to see if they have any driver updates that you might want to take advantage of, either specific to the Broadcom device or more generally with respect to chipset drivers or BIOS firmware updates.

Othewise you might want to read here to see if it is helpful
How to Fix BCM20702A0 Driver Error on Windows 7/8/10? - Appuals.com

Reaction score
Device manager is plainly showing a problem with your broadcom bluetooth device (BCM20702A0)
IF the product is integrated then you might want to check with the board manufacturer to see if they have any driver updates that you might want to take advantage of, either specific to the Broadcom device or more generally with respect to chipset drivers or BIOS firmware updates.

Othewise you might want to read here to see if it is helpful
How to Fix BCM20702A0 Driver Error on Windows 7/8/10? - Appuals.com
Okay, thanks I'll look into this.

Reaction score
I downloaded the BCM20702a0 driver from the following website:
BCM20702a0 driver Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP (Broadcom Bluetooth Chipset) | Device Drivers (oemdrivers.com)
and now I have the option to turn on and off bluetooth.

Regardless, I'm trying to connect my JLab Studio headphones with the bluetooth and even though bluetooth settings lists the headphones as connected I'm not getting any audio from the headphones. I have gotten audio with the headphones sporadically but when I do the quality is very poor. Any suggestions?

1609900959664.png

Ask a Question