Windows 10 - no Bluetooth.

Reaction score
My Dell E6530 came with 8.1 Windows which I used the free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I believe I saw Bluetooth icons and prompts as 8.1, in 10 I have none.
Dell says I am current on drivers, updates. I tried loading the Bluetooth driver (? ) that Dell had ( WIDCOMM Bluetooth software ) which seemed to load by gave me a message of " activate Bluetooth using wireless switch " . I have spent many hours on the internet trying to find solution form my laptops inability to have Bluetooth and to find how to " activate Bluetooth using wireless switch ". I want to use a wireless mouse and my cameras Bluetooth feature. Desperate and frustrated. Need help. Thanks in advance for the help.

Reaction score
Now you have Windows 10 have you looked in Device Manager to see if there is a Bluetooth device seen there?

Reaction score
I have a Dell Latitude E7240 12.5" and a Dell Latitude E3340 13.3" with Bluetooth and both running Win10 Pro Version 1909 with the latest Update. I also have 2 Dell Latitude E6410 14" Win10 Pro Version 1909 with the latest Update. The first 2 have Bluetooth and are using Bluetooth mice, the second 2 do not have Bluetooth although I can get it on those and others using a USB dongle for Bluetooth.

On most Notebooks and some Desktops that come with Wireless the Bluetooth is part of the Wireless/Wi-Fi adapter, usually Bluetooth can be inoperative even though the Wireless does work.

Reaction score
My old Lenovo has a WiFi/Bluetooth combined adapter. Made by Intel and does work properly.

Reaction score
It seems that many E6530 never had a BlueTooth Card check to see if you have one.
1.Follow the procedures in Before Working Inside Your Computer.
2.Remove the:a)battery b)base cover
3.Remove the screw that secures the bluetooth card to the computer.
See if you have a Module
1581261809439.png
If you have a module

Last edited:
Reaction score
Try pressing fn and f2. Those are the hot keys for the Dell wireless switch, if you have one.

Reaction score
My Dell E6530 came with 8.1 Windows which I used the free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I believe I saw Bluetooth icons and prompts as 8.1, in 10 I have none.
Dell says I am current on drivers, updates. I tried loading the Bluetooth driver (? ) that Dell had ( WIDCOMM Bluetooth software ) which seemed to load by gave me a message of " activate Bluetooth using wireless switch " . I have spent many hours on the internet trying to find solution form my laptops inability to have Bluetooth and to find how to " activate Bluetooth using wireless switch ". I want to use a wireless mouse and my cameras Bluetooth feature. Desperate and frustrated. Need help. Thanks in advance for the help.

To "activate Bluetooth using wireless switch" either press Fn+F3 keys in combination or just press F3 key, that should activate your Bluetooth and/or WiFi!

Download the Win-10 "Dell Wireless 380/1550/1560 Bluetooth Driver" driver from here https://www.dell.com/support/home/au/en/aubsd1/product-support/product/latitude-e6530/drivers and follow the installation instructions.

Important Information
Before you use upgrade scenario to upgrade Win10 from Win7/8/8.1 OS, strongly recommend to uninstall previous WiFi/Bluetooth Win7/8/8.1 driver package before you upgrade to Win10.
If you already upgrade directly to Win10 from Win7/8/8.1 without uninstalling WiFi/Bluetooth driver first, please install this package twice to fully activate the function.

Download
1. Click Download File to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save to save the file to your hard drive.

Installation
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file.
2. Read over the release information presented in the dialog window.
3. Download and install any prerequisites identified in the dialog window before proceeding.
4. Click the Install button.
5. Follow the remaining prompts to perform the update.

Ask a Question