\Boot\BCD Error 0xc000000f Can't boot Windows 10

Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem with my W10 system, it is not booting and whatever I try is not working.

I can't refresh/repair the PC because my drive is "locked"

Startup repair doesn't work, no explanation.

None of the solutions the Windows 10 DVD/media offers works

I tried to rebuild the BCD but it doesn't work either

bootrec /scanOS

bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /rebuildbcd

bcdedit /export c:\bcdbackup

attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s #the bcd file is not found

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

bootrec /rebuildbcd

I get a message saying:
Successfully scanned Windows installations. Total identified Windows installations: 0
If not else it changed the gravity of the situation, now it says it's a "boot/bcd problem" instead of "winload" as it said before the cmd I was suggested to try.

I tried to check DISKPART and I saw many different disks that I haven't got before.

My C: shows under VOL 1 / FS - NTFS / LABEL - System Rese
the E: Vol 2 / FS - NTFS / and nothing else. #exploring the DIR, I noticed it has my program files
the F: Vol 3 / FS - NTFS / Info - Hidden. #and nothing else is said.
the D: Vol 4 is the USB media with Windows 10 that I'm trying to restore the PC with.

It's very confusing and terrifying, since I have a lot of my work on the PC.

If anyone has an idea how I should proceed, please help me!

*If really we can't come to a conclusion, I was thinking if it was possible to re-install windows 10 on a partition of C:
to boot the system from there and recover my files from the rest of the hdd.

Reaction score
I realize this might be a little late for you, but maybe it'll help someone else.

1. Boot from the Windows DVD or USB drive.
2. Select "Repair Computer".
3. Select to Launch MS DOS Prompt.

Assumption #1: Windows went through the full install and the above error is upon reboot.
Assumption #2: In your drive listing your Windows installation is located on drive E:
Assumption 3: While booted to the Windows DVD or USB drive, the drive letter E: was assigned to where Windows is installed.

4. Type in the following:
Code:
E:\Windows\System32\BCDboot E:\Windows /s C:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...sktop/bcdboot-command-line-options-techref-di

=====================================================================
Addressing the issue in Reply:

Once it boots, I'd backup all of my important files, use diskpart to clean the disk, and reinstall Windows using standard drive lettering. Just because it's possible to use non-standard drive lettering, that doesn't mean you should.

Your system Reserved drive partition doesn't need a drive letter.

Hi, I have a problem with my W10 system, it is not booting and whatever I try is not working.

I can't refresh/repair the PC because my drive is "locked"

Startup repair doesn't work, no explanation.

None of the solutions the Windows 10 DVD/media offers works

I tried to rebuild the BCD but it doesn't work either

bootrec /scanOS
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /rebuildbcd

bcdedit /export c:\bcdbackup

attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s #the bcd file is not found

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

bootrec /rebuildbcd

I get a message saying:
Successfully scanned Windows installations. Total identified Windows installations: 0
If not else it changed the gravity of the situation, now it says it's a "boot/bcd problem" instead of "winload" as it said before the cmd I was suggested to try.

I tried to check DISKPART and I saw many different disks that I haven't got before.

My C: shows under VOL 1 / FS - NTFS / LABEL - System Rese
the E: Vol 2 / FS - NTFS / and nothing else. #exploring the DIR, I noticed it has my program files
the F: Vol 3 / FS - NTFS / Info - Hidden. #and nothing else is said.
the D: Vol 4 is the USB media with Windows 10 that I'm trying to restore the PC with.

It's very confusing and terrifying, since I have a lot of my work on the PC.

If anyone has an idea how I should proceed, please help me!

*If really we can't come to a conclusion, I was thinking if it was possible to re-install windows 10 on a partition of C:
to boot the system from there and recover my files from the rest of the hdd.

Ask a Question