SOLVED Browsers update for Windows 10

Reaction score
This might interest users. I use edge fairly regularly, I have a very slow connection, and I find FF and Chrome too heavy on resource. Bottom lineis, I would suggest, quoting another thread, it is all a matter of where you find your "comfort zone"
From a testing site:
"Using Edge is a perfectly pleasant experience. It's super-quick, hammers through benchmarks, its integrated reading mode makes complex sites more palatable, and by sandboxing it away from the rest of the operating system Microsoft has ensured that Edge won't suffer the security breaches of its older brother."

"
upload_2017-11-27_7-18-13-png.7609

I have, in the past, tried Opera and, for reasons which I have forgotten, returned to the more popular browsers. But, which the latest releases, I might give it another try.

OK. So I installed Opera and quickly ran through the setup. Maybe I need to work with it a little, but I was shocked by the amount of memory it consumed (240MBs) about four times more than Edge or IE (The lowest) I'll keep trying for a couple of days, then, if no improvement, its gone. I can see on the web there are many comments about this, but no excuses so far from Opera.

Reaction score
I run Fire Fox Quantum vers 57.0 64bit I ran the HTML test, FF scored 475 out of a possible 555 (bench mark) I also checked Edge 472 points. Three points is of no concern to me. I just prefer FF for ease of navigation and privacy features.

HTML5 test is current http://html5test.com/

Reaction score
I got 483 just now on my Firefox 57, 471 on Edge and IE11 not so good at 312.

Bif

Reaction score
Even though FF is a resource hog, at this stage and considering I've been using it from day one..I'll continue to use it.
Old habits die hard..
Or familiarity breeds contempt..the choice is yours.

Last edited:

Ask a Question