browsing history empty

Reaction score
Hello,
My windows 10 browsing history recently started coming up empty most of the time.

Does anyone know how it might could be fixed?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Edge?

Open the settings (The three dots bar top right.- Settings)
Scroll down and select, "Choose what to clear"

You will find that by default, the browing History is selected.
Untick it.

Reaction score
when I selected "choose what to clear",
the only box that was checked was "cached data and files".

thanks.

Reaction score
OK. I read on the MS It forums, that the ineternt options, in the settings, are universal, although they indicate that they are for IE. So, try this:

Settings - Network and Internet - Internet Options.

Under the "General" Tab, make sure you have the "delete browsing history on exit", UNticked.
Doesnt seem to me that it should apply to Edge, but in Windows 10/MS, you can never be sure!!!

Reaction score
I looked under the 'general' tab, and the box for "delete browsing history on exit" was not checked.

When the problem occurs, there is no "last hour" or "yesterday" even showing up; there is only something like "history will show once you have visited sites" even though I will have already visited many sites. It seems to be different from how it does when the browsing history is requested to be erased.

Also, sometimes it will work for a short while and showing all history for weeks, and then it will not show anything at all the next time I click on "history".

I never had problems with history on Windows 7, but the Windows 10 has a different style (time ordered instead of alphabetical order) and has recently started having these problems.

I wish I could go back to Windows 7, but they say I can't because it had been a little over a month.

I had checked to clear "cached data and files" a few days ago because someone suggested it might help if Youtube videos were not playing. It didn't seem to help and I do not know what "cached data" is, or if that might have some relation to the problems I am having with the history.

Thanks again.

Reaction score
Sorry, Bob, but I am out of ideas. Only other possibility is that you are running a program or plugin, which is customised to erase all browsing experiences??

Ask a Question