BSOD after every auto windows update

Reaction score
Ever since buying in and upgrading when prompted for months and thinking it was a good idea to do so, and having no issues with this system prior to the upgrade, this system has been BSOD'ing with Page Fault in Non Paged Area. These KB updates took me a long time to recover from: 3124262, 3135173, and 3156421. Granted, a couple of smaller ones installed fine. For the first two, i was able to run DISM.EXE /Online /cleanupimage /scanhealth and ..../restorehealth. After completing these in elevated DOS i was able to install the first update successfully. The second was removed by MS because of the number of problems it posed and system restore worked fine. I have not tried this on the third one. I created a new restore point before applying the update but it was corrupt when i tried it and had to roll back but still had some weird popups. so far though the system is 'stable'. I was able to find and install gpedit.msc app and have turned off auto-updates since 10 Home will not allow autoupdates to be turned off. HDD tests have been run with no failures. Would obtaining a .iso file from MS, DELL or somewhere reliable be my answer? i have a valid win7 prod key obviously. I am REALLY regretting that i trusted MS once again. ANY help at all as to why updates are crashing this system would be welcome. If you need any more information, please update the thread.

Reaction score
I'd recommend starting with the factory OS reset then update the OS.

Before and after each update, run a backup. Don't use Sys Restore as its data is in the OS and could be easily corrupted. Use an alternative like Comodo Time Machine or Rollback Rx.

Ask a Question