BSOD critical process died or kernel data inpage error; every time after computer comes out of sleep

Reaction score
Two weeks ago I recently built my computer with these parts.
  • AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor
  • Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
  • G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory
  • WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD10EZEX - OEM
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW ACX 2.0 Video Card
  • EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
  • currently running a clean install of windows 10
  • TP-Link TL-WDN4800
I've been getting bsods but after each time I've gotten them, I got onto the internet in order to try and find a solution to my problem. I've done the sfc/scannow, dism restore/check/scan health, a ram check, and I recently did a clean install of windows 10 after doing a hardrive wipe. Currently if I leave my computer up and running regardless of whether or not I have programs open, when it goes to sleep, I'll get a bsod. sometimes it's the kernel data inpage error, but recently it's been critical process died. I've not messed with the sleep settings or anything. I have a tv being used instead of a monitor, but I've not seen anything saying that it will mess my system up. I've updated all the drivers, ran a SMART check on the hardrive, I've updated the BIOS, and I have even uninstalled the faulty generic monitor driver. The last clean install I did was last evening and even after reinstalling all of my drivers, I'm still getting the message. How do I pinpoint what it is exactly that is going on?

At this moment I have a BSOD with stop code: critical process died, and it's stuck at 0%. I want the dump error info, but the computer hasn't collected the info, and I'd like to run the dump info through WHOCRASHEDIT so I can pinpoint the file that's causing the issue - is there anyway to get the process to start as well?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi kwiyama,

Welcome to the forum.

I noticed you mentioned a Kernel Data Inpage error.

You may be able to resolve that by doing the following:
  • In your Search box type View advanced system settings then press Enter key

This will open the System Properties windows with the Advanced tab selected

• At top of this tab is the Performance panel. Click the Settings button in this panel.

This will open the Performance Options window.

• In the Performance Options window click the Advanced tab
  • Click the Change button

This will open the Virtual Memory window.

• In the Virtual Memory window make sure Automatically manage paging file size for all drives is checked
  • Click OK, then click OK in the Performance Options window, then click OK in System Properties window.

Note: While clicking OK you may get an alert warning a restard of computer is required. If this happens click the X for now as there is one more thing to do before restarting computer.

• Next right-click on Start
  • Left-click on Command Prompt (Admin)
  • When the User Account Control dialog opens click Yes
  • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window type chkdsk /f /r then press Enter key
  • Type Y then press Enter key
  • Close window and open programs then restart computer and allow the system to check disk for errors and repair if found.

The above hopefully will bring an end to that particular error, and may as a result prevent the critical error too.

Ask a Question