Multiple BSOD errors

U

User73

Last month I had BSOD errors such as:

Stop Code: PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA
What failed: Ntfs.sys

And

Stop Code: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO.READONLY MEMORY

Following this I ran a chkdsk procedure and Windows said everything was fine, my computer ran fine for a few weeks but today I got 2 more bluescreens after Warframe crashed, the first of which being the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD, afterward I restarted my pc and tried accessing Windows updates before getting another BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD. I have included images the most recent BSODs. I am unaware if there are any other procedures I can try to sort this out before having to reinstall windows.
891b109e-6a97-4df0-9fed-0bd959c0a5c3.jpg
BAD_POOL_HEADER.png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for an hour.

Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours (overnight even better). First test system as presently configured with all RAM modules in place, If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test on RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots.

See this Guide to using Memtest 86+

Reaction score
You could zip and attach your dump files. It is best when you have your system set to create the smaller ones which would be located in the Windows\minidump folder. Maybe we could pick something out.

It might be a memory problem or some driver is misbehaving.

Ask a Question