BSoD every time I boot up Dell Inspiration 5559

Reaction score
Hello, recently I have been having problems with my Dell Inspiration 5559 Windows 10 laptop, I seem to be having problems with a blue screen of death every time I boot up, displaying the message "Kernel Security Check Failure" I have looked into the event viewer and the error message is: "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." it has the event ID of 41 and is extremely annoying as I make sure I go into the start menu every time I want to shutdown my laptop.

Info about my problem

• This is my laptop and is quite junked up with (probably) unnecessary programs however I have done a scan with MalwareBytes and no viruses have been found.
  • After the BSoD message goes away, my computer boots up just fine!
  • The last time I restarted my laptop (a few minutes ago) the BSoD screen was pink and sort of glitchy (I can't attach a picture as I can't find one on google images)

Info about my computer

ACPI x64 Based PC
Hard Drive: WDC WD10JPVX-75JC3T0 1TB
Display Adaptors: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
DVD drive: TSSTcorp DVD+ -RW SU-208GB
IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers: Intel(R) 6th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI Controller
Processors: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100U CPU @ 2.30GHz (4 cores)

I would be delighted if anyone could shed some light on this strange problem and feel free to ask any further questions about my issue as I will be keeping a close eye on this thread!

Thanks, Matthew

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Matthew,

With the latest Fall update a few of my drivers were automatically updated and this became an issue for my older PC.

The same may have happened to your computer, so you may want to right-click on Start and select Device Manager and check whether any drivers were updated and consider using the option to roll back the driver if that is the case. You can do that by right-clicking on the device and selecting properties, then Driver tab.

You could also run the built-in Verifier tool that comes with Windows which will test your drivers as computer boots to see if any are corrupted. To use this tool do the following:
  • Press your Windows key + S to give focus to your search field
  • In the search field type verifier then press your Enter key
  • In the window that opens check the radio button next to Create standard settings
  • Click the next button
  • Check the radio button next to Automatically select unsigned drivers then click Next
  • Follow through the screens selecting the option that you feel fits your scenario, then on last screen you get the choice to cancel or Finish. At this point if you choose Finish it will modify your system settings, but you may prefer to choose cancel and instead go to Device manager to manually check any drivers listed and adjust there if needed.
  • If you do select Finish, then to prevent it continuing to check drivers each time computer starts, press Windows Key + R then type verifier /reset and click OK which will end the program.

Another possibility is you have a memory issue going on. You can check that by pressing Windows key + S then in the search field type diagnose and in the search results select Diagnose you computer's memory problems.

You should also consider running check disk utility to make sure there are no corrupt sectors on your hard drive.
  • Press Windows key + S
  • In the search field type command
  • In the search results right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
  • When the User account control prompts you click Yes
  • In the Administrator: Command Prompt type chkdsk /f C: then press Enter key

Let us know how you go with these tests.

If you clean boot your system, by typing msconfig in the search field and pressing Enter then selecting the Boot tab and checking the box next to Safe boot then restarting computer to boot to Safe mode you can try running the computer in this state to see if the BSOD continues. If it stops showing up then some new software or a driver you have recently installed will be the culprit.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question