BSOD Critical Process Died - No Dump files

Reaction score
Hello Team,
Last week i have been struggling with constant bsod with error critical process died. Bsod happen either after 30 min or 1 hour.
No dump files are generated and computer is configured to generate them. Some times after the crash bios does not find the boot drive and i have to boot cycle it.
I also increased page file to a max of 10Gb (installed ram 8gb) and minidumps still no dump files are generated.
I did a clean install and got bsod
I tried sfc, dism, chkdsk, memetest86+ and hardware diagnostics all clean.
When i used for a while verifier for drivers i used to be able to got some dump files pointing to a virtual power controller. This driver cannot be disabled i uninstalled and used the previous one however bsod continued.
Are there any other checks i can do? Any chance to be a faulty ssd?
Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Hi Kmichail,

is this a recent PC build?, have you installed any new hardware like a GPU?, how many watts does your PSU (Power supply unit) have?. Are you using a newer SSD? (Yes!, it is possible it is corrupted as I had this happen to me with 2 Sandisk SSD's recently!). What CPU do you have?. What motherboard do you have?. ;)

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,
Its a laptop yoga-730 13IWL with i5-8265U 8gb ram and 256gb nvme,

Kind regards

Reaction score
Hi Kmichail,

what version of Win 10 are you using?,you might want to do a fresh download and create a new install medium and then do a new install:

Click on download tool and create a USB installer (min 8GB), read the rest of the instructions in the link above!. :)

Reaction score
I am using the version 1909 . I also downloaded a fresh download from Microsoft and did a clean install. And the issue persists. Any other thoughts?

Reaction score
It might be a RAM problem?, assuming you have two sticks of RAM, shut down your laptop and remove the laptop battery, take out 1 RAM stick and see if you still get BSOD, if you don't, close down the laptop again and put the other RAM back in after taking the other one out and try it again. Keep us posted!. :)

Did you do any overclocking in BIOS?. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Download and run CrystalDiskInfo to check the heath of your ssd. I just had a hdd do a similar thing. It wasn't my boot drive and didn't BSOD, but it started disappearing from explorer and the bios. Usually after a reboot or two it came back. Yesterday it wouldn't show at all. Opened the case and booted, I heard the click of death. Obviously an ssd won't do that, but it can still go bad. It's an easy way to at least rule it out.

Ask a Question