Did i have a BSOD? Strange reboot

Reaction score
Monitor:AORUS AD27QD

Cpu: i7-9900K stock 4.7 with Noctua NH-D15

Gpu: Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Waterforce ( stock no oc,temps max 63C on load )

Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ XMP

Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W

mb: Asus Prime Z390-A

SSD: Crucial 1TB

HDD: WB BLUE 1 TB

Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

Metro Exodus was running maybe 21 hours. Game crashed when i click EXIT TO MAIN MENU.

I get BLACK SCREEN and no monitor signal for 1 minute, and crash to desktop with TDR driver crash in event log. After that i log off from system and log back in again and system rebooted unexpected.

Just after crash to desktop pc get rebooted after i log off from system ( and back in ) by CTRL ALT DELETE.

There was not bugcheck in event log.

Only Kernel 41 power.

And file appeared C:/Windows/livekernelreports/pow32kwatchdog.dmp

“A callout to Win32k did not return promptly”

win32k-callout-watchdog

gf.jpg

1 arrow: 3 driver crashes from a game with black screen,CTD,turning circle instead of arrow

2 arrow: winlogon, i decide to ctrl alt delete , log out and log back again in

3 arrow: kernel 41 power and weird reboot

So it was bsod propably? Also i dont saw a bluescreen on screen,it rebooted so fast.And not bugcheck. Just 3 driver crashes like you see.

But nothing here:C:/windows/memory.dmp <--no exist

Only Kernel 41 power.

And file appeared C:/Windows/livekernelreports/pow32kwatchdog.dmp

“A callout to Win32k did not return promptly”

win32k-callout-watchdog

Reaction score
Windows 10 1903v

So that file
C:/Windows/livekernelreports/pow32kwatchdog.dmp
was related to reboot?
It was bsod or not?I dont have C:/Windows/memory.dmp or not minidum folder. There was not bugcheck.

There was 3 driver crashes before reboot.

gf.jpg

Reaction score
Before you concern yourself with bug reports, I would do an upgrade to version 1909 and update the GPU drivers if you don't have the latest!. ;)

Reaction score
Can you tell me just about that event which happened once. I just ask about that file and if that was bsod or not. Thank you :)

Yeah i will update to latest drivers and win ver.

Reaction score
I am not a hardcore gamer and don't have an answer for you about your posted reports sorry!. :(

Reaction score
That's a common event, that can have many causes. From what you describe, it seems your graphics driver crashed (not a bsod). I've had similar happen with my AMD card in the past. It wouldn't hurt to uninstall the driver with DDU in safe mode, and install/reinstall the latest. Moving to 1909 isn't necessary at this time.

It also wouldn't hurt to monitor your gpu temps too.

Reaction score
Why not update to 1909 it is incrementally more solid than 1903. Not impossible that it will fix the problem

Just a thought. Is the I9 cpu actually newer than W10 1903? Intel keep adding new stuff deep down in the microcode

Ask a Question