Can not print from 'MAIL'

Reaction score
Have been running 'Window 10' now for almost 3 months after a problem free install. After updating some of my 'Drivers' as recommended I have been left with one very annoying problem, no matter what I do my Canon MX375 will not print direct from Windows 'MAIL'. All other programs and software will print direct without any trouble but not 'MAIL' This is getting to the point of become a major problem as I receive a lot of email attachment that need printing. Any idea's how to solve this problem if you have had the same trouble.

Reaction score
I am a little confused. I agree you should be able to print your emails from Windows Mail (and I note others are having this issue as well). But printing your attachments is where I am confused. When you view your attachments, whether they be Word documents, PDF files, or spreadsheets, or images, Mail should be calling up Word, your PDF viewer, Excel, etc. to first, view the attachment, then print from that attachment's main program. That is you don't print attachments directly from your email program.

So please clarify this.

Also, you might open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator) then enter sfc /scannow and press enter. Does System File Checker (SFC) find any problems it cannot fix? And, did SFC fix the problem?

Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion, you are perfectly correct any attached file can be extracted and successfully printed. It is just the mail documents themselves that I cannot print, but unfortunately many companies still send invoices and alike as part of the basic email.
I have carried out your recommendation and completed SFC and every thing came up ok no corrupted or missing files.
I have also gone onto the printer manufactures web site and downloaded the latest 'windows 10' drivers.

Reaction score
I have carried out your recommendation and completed SFC and every thing came up ok no corrupted or missing files.
I have also gone onto the printer manufactures web site and downloaded the latest 'windows 10' drivers.
Too bad SFC did not fix this - but it is good just the same that it found nothing wrong. And having the latest drives is good too, but if you can print these attachments through their parent programs, then your drivers are (and were) fine. So that leaves a puzzle, for sure.

I have found several reports of people having similar problems with earlier builds of W10 - as seen here. The Get-appxprovisionedpackage command may fix your problem but I must confess I am not sure the procedure to reinstall Mail from the Store since the instructions here are for a W10 Preview build. I suspect if you visit the store using the current Store app, you can find it there.

Reaction score
settings - apps - mail and calendar app - advance settings - reset.
this will reset the app to default and requires login again.
Once login, all the mails are there, and most importantly, you can now print.

Ask a Question