HP printer and 1809

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I have a HP 5610v AIO printer that worked with Vista through Windows 10....until now. With the latest windows 10 update (Feature update 1809) my PC only shows my HP printer as a FAX. I've uninstalled and reinstalled AIO software and getting it to print is a no go. When I select print it goes straight to fax software. In my printers/devices window it only shows as a fax, no printer icon at all.

Anybody have any ideas?????

Reaction score
Have you tried the basic HP printer software from the Windows store?

And is the phone line plugged in to the prnter?

And does this printer have a built in web site? If so have you tried configuring it there?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Well, I finally got it to work and have the HP printer set as default now. As a last resort I right clicked the fax icon and lo and behold a drop down menu that showed the set as default printer. I moved the mouse to that and another drop down menu appeared showing both the fax and printer I selected printer and bingo bango I can print now.

Reaction score
Well, I finally got it to work and have the HP printer set as default now. As a last resort I right clicked the fax icon and lo and behold a drop down menu that showed the set as default printer. I moved the mouse to that and another drop down menu appeared showing both the fax and printer I selected printer and bingo bango I can print now.

Yet the printer shows up in {printers and devices} as FAX right??

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
no reading it printer and fax are ether separate or with HP it can be used as a fax as well as I use mine for both

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Yet the printer shows up in {printers and devices} as FAX right??
No...it shows up as a printer now. Weird and Crazy!!!!!

printer.PNG

Reaction score
That is weird as the dimness of the printer icon suggests it's offline or turned off.

Just to commiserate, I have a client using an iMac with an Epson multi-function and an HP LaserJet P1006 printer but the printer shows an error that the scan/fax function doesn't work. BUT, the HP doesn't have/never had that function, is only a very good simple printer that works fine. So even other Operating Systems are not immune to issues with attached hardware.

Ask a Question