Cannot add 'Other User' Error message = this isn't MS account is.

Reaction score
Hello

I have purchased an Insignia Tablet running Windows 10. I have set it up with my MS 365 account and everything went properly. When I tried to add a second user, as soon as I enter the email, I get "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account. Try another email or sign up for a new one". But it IS a MS 365 Premium account just like mine, and it needs to be this email address because everything is tied into a workflow environment. How might I make this work?

Thx

Dave

Reaction score
Hello Wolfie

No, IT is Admin for the 365 accounts but all our group are already premium users. I'm not trying to add them there, I simply want to add them as a separate user account in Windows 10 on the tablet. When I go to do this, it asks me for an email address and when I use their email account it doesn't want to recognize it. Yet they can each open up MS 365 in a browser on the tablet and access their accounts that way. Which looks like the way we'll be going anyways now. It's just a tad irksome when you can't bend one of these things to your will if you know what I mean.

Reaction score
How are you logging in to your own account, using an MS account or a local account?. :)

Reaction score
First of all, let's try to get away from this notion of logging in to an account. I know I said when I set the tablet up it asked me for an email address and the one I gave is the one on my 365 account of course. I didn't log in and it didn't have any problem with it. I can't imagine this being any different for any other company using MS Exchange. They have a company email address like (e-mail address removed) and that's tied into 365. Anyway, so when I went to set up another user on the tablet, it asked me for the email address and I went to add their 365 address and it said it didn't recognize it as a Microsoft account and that's as far as I could go. No place there for help or to debate the issue.

Ask a Question