SOLVED cannot login after netplwiz

Reaction score
I wanted to not have to enter my password every time I booted my computer. I googled the problem. I found a youtube video made by Mr FixIt of what to do. He said to enter netplwiz from the Run line. When a box pops up, to type in my password and turn my computer off. He said that when I turned my computer back on, it would not ask for a password. He was totally wrong! Not only did the login screen ask for a password, it now told me my password was incorrect. I typed my password in several times and it would not accept it. I am locked out of my brand new desktop!

Reaction score
Hello Steve,

Can you please try leaving the password field blank and hit the enter key. Check if that allows you to log in.
Can you also type in the command line that you typed please?

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Steve.

Try Beingdinu's suggestion first. If that doesn't work, the word ENG, in your bottom right corner refers to your keyboard. Make sure it didn't change between US and UK English. Does your password include the @ symbol? Sometimes it moves between Q and 2.

If none of this works, come back and we'll try again.

Reaction score
You might have to do a system restore.? In case:

Click and hold the shift and click on restart. (from the power option, bottom right corner of screen).
When the computer restarts, a graphical menus should pop up showing System Restore options . Select the ADVANCED options.
Select See more recovery options and you will see , eventually, Restore Previous Build.
Click on that.
It takes a while, and is subject to a couple of restarts.

This will put you back to your situation where you insert your old (usual) password.

Don' try "Mr. Fixit's instruction. There are some good tutorials on this site which will help you.

Reaction score
Login wanted either the computer's password or my Microsoft account password. It would not accept the computer password but DID accept my Microsoft account password. Thanks for all your answers. :)

Attachments

• clear[1].png
    clear[1].png
    137 bytes · Views: 711
Reaction score
Hi, I've also run into the same problem. However, when I try the system restore, and put my old regular password, it is still declined!! What should I do? Even if it means my computer goes back to factory mode, then so be it. I just want to log into my windows 10 pro normally again.

Ask a Question