Cannot use windows 10, freezes every time

Reaction score
Have to use safe mode all the time. Reloaded Windows 10 2004 with minimum software. An update has affected the system causing freeze every time I use the computer. Usually when opening a browser or trying to use explorer. Even when computer left alone for a few minutes.In safe mode - windows working correctly. How can I determine the bug and how to find which update caused the problem.
Can I delete updates to get my system working again. I think it could be grahic-video update related
Speccy Summary
Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU Intel Core i5 @ 1.30GHz
Haswell ULT 22nm Technology
RAM 4.00GB
Motherboard Intel Corporation D54250WYK (CPU 1) %1 Chipset
Graphics Standard Monitor (1920x1080@64Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 5000 (Intel)
Microsoft Basic Display Driver

Reaction score
Hi Ben,

go into Advanced Startup Options, navigate through Advanced Startup Options and try removing the updates. :)

Reaction score
It could be your hard drive, an overheating CPU, bad memory or a failing power supply. In some cases, it might also be your motherboard, although that's a rare occurrence. Usually with hardware problem, the freezing will start out sporadic, but increase in frequency as time goes on.

Or if it's not a hardware issue then might be chances of due to any windows updates. You can restore it to your previois version version or try undoing changes made to your computer. check this link for details

Reaction score
It looks like your graphics chip needs a driver? Still running on microsoft generic.
A quick way to try for a better driver is to open the device manager, right click the graphics and select update driver. Do an internet search.

Reaction score
I concur with dave. It looks like you don't have a graphics driver installed. And also your showing the display as 1920x1080 64 hz. 64 hz is an odd refresh rate. If you have a standard flat panel monitor, that should be 60 hz.

Ask a Question