Canon MP620 not printing after W10 installation

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently upgraded my Dell Latitude E7450 OS to W10. I installed my printer (a Canon MP620) which worked perfectly with Windows 7 and Windows 8 but it doesn't print. I am trying to print using a USB port. The installation seems to have run perfectly but when I try to print I get the error message: "A port is not installed. Install a port". The port has been named USB001. Thanks. Simona

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
Hi have you tried uninstalling it completely.
Also removing the cable from the USB port
Then if you had a disc insert it
Let it run to install the software
Then when advised plug your printer into the USB port
Once done hopefully it should be ok

Reaction score
Hi have you tried uninstalling it completely.
Also removing the cable from the USB port
Then if you had a disc insert it
Let it run to install the software
Then when advised plug your printer into the USB port
Once done hopefully it should be ok

Thanks for your answer. Yes I unistalled the printer. I performed an installation with the printer connected to the pc from the beginning and also an installation with the printer unplugged. I also tried the automatic installation by the OS and the manual installation downloading the driver. All the different methods lead to the same result with the same error message....

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Does the installation result in the printer appearing in Control Panel, Devices and Printers?
IF so, select then right click the printer and select printer properties from the approximate middle of the context menu.
From the resultant printer properties dialog box select the "Ports" tab.
Scroll as needed and determine which port the printer is using and which ports you may have available.
IF USB001 is available and is not the selected port then select it.
IF USB001 is not available, see if there is another named port beginning with USB and try selecting that one for the printer to use.
This is assuming of course that the printer is connected via USB cable.
IF no USB ports are listed among the available ports, then....
That might indicate that you need to address some driver issues for your computer.

Reaction score
Ok. Done. The port is named USB001 and already selected.
There is also a comment saying: "Documents will print to the first free checked port everything seems correct ...but it doesn't print.

Ask a Question