Can't connect to the network after update to Win10

Reaction score
I updated to windows 10 from windows 7 last night, and it went off without a hitch. My wireless internet worked at first without a problem as well, but after I rebooted my desktop computer (I have an Asus aspire desktop - don't have the exact make and model with me) a few times because I deinstalled a lot of the apps I didn't want, it stopped all of a sudden to connect to my home wifi network. It recognizes that it is there and shows it as an available network, but when I try to connect it tells me that "Keine Verbindung mit diesem Netzwerk möglich" - no connection to this network possible. I tried to deinstall the driver of my wireless card and reinstall that, but that didn't yield any results.

I also don't know where to actually manage my saved internet connections so that I don't have to type in my wireless password all the time. It was saved under Windows 7, but after I deinstalled the driver of my wireless adapter it was deleted. Apparently it should be there in network center but it just doesn't show up.

I use an Belkin USB wireless adapter, and Windows 10 recognizes the adapter as it shows up in the hardware manager and network settings of Windows 10. Just whenever I try to connect with the network, it just won't. The strength of the signal also went down, at least the network symbol shows a weaker connection then previously.

I have read that there were issues if one had outdated VPN software installed before the update, which I had. But the described problems have the wireless adapter NOT showing up, and that isn't the case here. I don't know whether the solution - a cmd prompt to delete a registry entry - would help, and I don't want to risk and possibly make things worse.

EDIT I tried a system restore to about 24 hours - right after I had finished the update - and that failed, no idea why. So now I am rolling back to Windows 7. Hopefully that will give me back my internet capabilities, and then I'll just wait out the teething problems of Windows 10. I liked it, but it has a lot of superflous stuff as well. If not - then I just don't know. I saved the important data.

I hope anybody in here has an idea about how to fix this issue. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reaction score
The problem affect all the network adapters, like my case!

So, doing the commands, all worked fine for me!!

Just In case, before, you can open the regedit and export the key you need to delete.

After all, I downloaded the vpn client updated and all is just fine now!!

Reaction score
I tried the commands, but they did not work for me. I also finished going back to Windows 7 but my wireless adapter won't show any networks at all now.

Maybe that is because I deinstalled Cisco VPN player before, after I read that it causes issues. What mess! I don't have the nerves for IT trouble shooting.

EDIT: So I tried to restart the wireless router as a kind of last resort, and it seemed to have worked since my internet is working again.

Are there any things that I should do, a kind of checklist of potential problems to take care of that could prevent network issues again? I do want to go back to Windows 10 if it's doable without a hitch.

Last edited:

Ask a Question