Can't connect to this network

Reaction score
Since I've updated to windows10 (from 8.1), ive been having a several internet problems.
1. It is significantly slower in connection, especially in shared network environments, such as school.
My ipad and phone works fine(very fast), however my laptop has such a slow connection that loading websites often time out multiple times. (And yes ive tried the windows update options and stuff, it doesnt help a bit)
2. When i'm in the library it says 'can't connect to this network' and no setting will allow me to connect to even have an internet connection, its driving me crazy. Please help!

pam

Reaction score
I have been having similar problems. can't update my realtex so I have no internet. can't download anything to help since I have no internet. any suggestions.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
'can't connect to this network'
There may be an issue with your credentials with respect to this particular network. Take a look in Control Panel -> Credential Manager, and see if you can find any mention of this network.
If so remove the credentials and attempt to re-establish them afresh.

As far as the overall "slower" performance with respect to
my laptop has such a slow connection that loading websites often time out multiple times.
You may want to sample other browser to see if the same slow performance persists across Chrome and Firefox.
You may also want to reset Internet Explorer back to factory defaults (Google it).
Additionally if you have the ability, you may want to check to see if your problem is just "internet" related or more broadly impacting the entire network stack. Can you download a file from a network resource (private LAN) that is not dependent on a browser or the actual internet?

can't download anything to help since I have no internet. any suggestions.
You're going to have to get access to another device (desktop, laptop, mobile) from which you can access the proper drivers and download them to external media (USB thumb drive, SD card, CD / DVD) so you can update the driver, assuming of course that this is actually what is wrong with your connection. What does Device Manager have to say about your Network Adapters?

Reaction score
I went to the credential thingy, i didn not see any mention of the network, at all. Infact,
I actually did not see any networks... Need help...

Ask a Question