SOLVED Can't connect to this network

Reaction score
I have an HP desktop computer (EliteDesk) that gives the above message every time. After many months of no issues, the problem started about two weeks ago and has extended to all networks now. I also have a Dell Latitude E7440 laptop that continues to work perfectly connecting automatically. I have tried two different WiFi Adapters with the same result. The laptop does not need one of course.

What would have caused this to occur now and how can I restore the network connection? I have tried all the usual tricks such resetting the network as covered in a Google search of the issue.

Any help would be appreciated. I am definitely not a computer whizz, so if there is a solution I would appreciate a simple explanation that I can follow.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Hi Ol'fella,

have you recently reset your router at all?. Have you typed in the correct password for the router?. :)

Reaction score
Thank you , but it is now even worse. The desktop cannot even find the router or any other network.

Reaction score
Thank you , but it is now even worse. The desktop cannot even find the router or any other network.
Do you have a globe symbol showing in the taskbar where you would normally see the WiFi radar symbol?. If you have, click on it and see if any networks are available. Have you taken note of the WiFi password which should be on the back of the router, it is case sensitive so what is written in uppercase, must be typed as such!. :)

Reaction score
Thank you. Yes the globe symbol is there and when i click on it, it returns 'no networks found'.

**Last minute update** I returned to this before posting this response and now everything is as it was! I did nothing different but the network is connected and the computer sees all available networks. I am flummoxed to say the least, but happy that it is resolved. I just wonder when it will fail again.

Thank you for all your assistance. :D:D

Ask a Question