SOLVED Can't Download Any Apps

Reaction score
I did a "reset" by mistake and lost all my apps. When I try to download any app I get the message "Can not create temp folder archive". I am not running "S" version. I've tried booting in safe mode, deleting all temp files, making all folders write capable, disabling all MS security features, all to no avail.

This is making my PC virtually worthless...can anyone suggest a remedy? Thanks in advance...

Dan

Version 21H1
Build 19043.985

Reaction score
Might look in C:\Windows folder [or wherever Windows is installed] for a Temp folder. Depending upon the programs' needs it might help to create a Temp folder in the root of C: drive.

1622048440935.png

Reaction score
Bighorn,

I checked and there was a Temp folder there already. I deleted it and tried to download...no luck. Then I created a new Temp folder. Again, no luck. Then I tried to clear the "read only" property from the folder, but when I looked at it again it was still "read only". Can you check yours (both root C: and Windows: ) to see if they are "read only"? Mine seem to stay "read only", even after I try to change them.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Bighorn,

I checked and there was a Temp folder there already. I deleted it and tried to download...no luck. Then I created a new Temp folder. Again, no luck. Then I tried to clear the "read only" property from the folder, but when I looked at it again it was still "read only". Can you check yours (both root C: and Windows: ) to see if they are "read only"? Mine seem to stay "read only", even after I try to change them.

Thanks!
Mine is in C:\Windows and set as Read-only but that only applies to the files in that folder. Still should be able to copy files into it, I just tested by Copying a complete program [small one] and Pasted into it, I was prompted for Permission to do so.
1622060271696.png

Reaction score
Mine is in C:\Windows and set as Read-only but that only applies to the files in that folder. Still should be able to copy files into it, I just tested by Copying a complete program [small one] and Pasted into it, I was prompted for Permission to do so.
View attachment 13483
Mine is the same as yours, so that’s not the problem. Thanks for checking...

Reaction score
So simple! Someone on the Firefox forum suggested right clicking on the .exe file and then "Run as Administrator"! Worked like a charm. MS support even had me download and reinstall Windows 10, to no avail.

Ask a Question