Can't download anything in my computer

Reaction score
Hello, I have a new computer and I can't download anything. It is a dell system with windows 10 pro. I've never had this problem before with any system. I'm not computer savvy but I can follow instructions. I don't know what information you need to help my with my problem so if you'll tell me I'll do my best to get it for you. I don't know how to adjust my security settings to see if that's the problem. I can't even download the drivers update to see if that is a fix. Nothing downloads. Please help! Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
HI REDD,

take a look in Settings > Apps > Installing apps > Allow apps from anywhere. Make sure you have the same setting as my picture otherwise Windows won't allow you to install anything that is from outside of the windows store!. :)

apps security.PNG

Reaction score
Are you connected to the Internet? What type connection, Ethernet cable from computer to the Modem or Wi-Fi/Wireless? Are you able to browse the Internet using Edge or Internet Explorer or other such browser? If you can open a Web page can you right-click it and Save or use File, Save? What sites are you trying to download from? Have you tried http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19?c=us&l=en&s=dhs for your drivers [link was for one of mine]? You'll need to enter the Service Tag number, look on the case or on a Notebook in the battery compartment. It is usually a black sticker with white or silver text or white with black text in the format of 38CLPL1 or other mix of letters and numbers. If that sticker gets removed/is missing it may be in the BIOS.

Reaction score
HI REDD,

take a look in Settings > Apps > Installing apps > Allow apps from anywhere. Make sure you have the same setting as my picture otherwise Windows won't allow you to install anything that is from outside of the windows store!. :)

View attachment 7571
Hi Wolfie and thanks for your help. My computer was already set to allow all apps from anywhere like your picture. I still can't download anything. Do you have any idea what to try next? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
HI REDD,

what about any AntiVirus app you may have set up?, does that have any block settings?. ;)

Ask a Question