Since installing W 10, I can't download anything

Reaction score
I have been trying to download media players, and nothing will download since my Windows 10 upgrade. After the download process, explorer freezes for five minutes and then a message pops up indicating that something went wrong. How do I fix this? Never had the problem before the upgrade. Thanks!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Manually check Windows Updates and see if there are any reboots pending or other updates pending.
Are you using any third party security suites other than the default Defender product that is native to Windows 10.
What browser are you using to download with? The title of your thread suggest nothing will download but the body of your post suggests "media players".... have you tried downloading and installing another browser, like Chrome or Firefox?

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I have Norton Antivirus. I've been using windows explorer. I tried to download chrome and firefox but it appears I cannot download anything. Norton indicates things are safe, I hit Run, and then nothing happens or I get an error message...all since downloading the W10 upgrade. The error message says something to the effect that service did not respond to the request in a timely fashion. Not sure what to do...

Ask a Question